The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » My favorite Sleight (What's it called and who's is it?) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I've been doing this move for so long that I don't remember where I learned it or if I possibly came up with it. For some reason Slydini comes to mind when I think about it, but I think he did a move that is very similar but he did it a lot slower. I'm thinking that after I saw him do it I worked on it and started doing it faster.

I know this doesn't make such sense yet but below there's a link to a short video of the move. Watch it and I think you'll understand what I mean. I might be completely wrong. Maybe I did learn it (as performed in the video) from someone. That's why I'm posting here to see if anyone knows for sure.

I love the move because it's so visual. This short clip won't do it justice though. In real life it just appears there.

Check out the video here:
http://www.magicjax.com/cigpop.wmv

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2039 Posts

Profile of Rennie
I have done that before and I learned it from Slydini. He used it when doing the routine where he cuts up a cigarette and puts the tobacco and paper in his hand, as he closes his hand into a fist he does that move and pushes the cigarette through his hand..It is his way of "palming" a cigarette..
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
DLF
View Profile
Regular user
LA via NYC
145 Posts

Profile of DLF
That was pretty slick.
Ok, I'll meet you at the place near the thing where we went that time.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
That is very slick! How angle proof is it, and do you know of a book the method taught?
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Retchin
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Retchin
Pretty good!
esmolko
View Profile
New user
Kent, oh
33 Posts

Profile of esmolko
That is also one of my favorite moves, I do it at work all the time with crayons. Really fun to do, and not too tricky. I would say it is pretty angly though
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
That looks really good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » For the record » » My favorite Sleight (What's it called and who's is it?) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL