The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins of Ishtar (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Recently I saw a internet listing for a book called “Coins of Ishtar” by Jules DeBarros.
Is it this a widely used and popular routine or not and why?
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
Maybe I should rephrase this has anyone ever used any part of the “Coins of Ishtar”?
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
Yes it is an interesting routine...I have been using it for many years. The display sequence is so bold and open yet it flies right by people. It needs a presentation to be effective IMO.
JTW
Magicpitch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Magicpitch
Yes! I have the original hard copy of the book and it's very interesting, I agree with JTW. It's a fantastic routine that is all about presentation. Very very easy to do.

Regards-
Steve
Trying to do the right thing, one customer at a time!
http://www.magicpitch.com/
We weed out the junk so you don't have to!
Visit our Blog at http://magicpitch.blogspot.com/
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
I believe the booklet is still available from Hank Lee, click HERE to view. I believe the routine uses two C/S coins, so order an extra set if you don't have enough.

For $9 it's a good investment, and it teaches a very clever paddle-type move with the C/S gimmicked coin. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I have the booklet too. Although it's a nice routine to utilize your C/S coins, I haven't had that much success with spectators. It's too repetitive, and it pretty much telegraphs the ending. There are several other routines in the book as well, so even if you don't do the "Ishtar" routine, for the money it's still worth getting.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Rimbaud
View Profile
Loyal user
Saint Louis
291 Posts

Profile of Rimbaud
It is a nice little routine that I used to use all the time years ago and just re-added to my set list. I ditched the patter, which I found a bit silly, but the effect itself has always gotten a really nice reaction from laymen.

BTW, it is out of stock at Hank Lees, but I was able to track down a copy at the Magic Depot. You may want to try there.
http://www.DanLaddthehypnotist.com
"Saying 'Everyone is special' is just another way of saying 'No one is.'" --Dash from The Incredibles
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coins of Ishtar (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL