The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » X-Men 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Anyone see it?

Like it?

Anyone stay till after the credits? Great 10 second cliffhanger, there has to be a 4th movie!

Also, for those of you who stayed after and saw that ending, was there a crashing noise and a siren that went off after the screen shot cut away? Most of the people I was with thought there was some technical error upstairs but I think the person escaped...

Derek Merdinyan
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2140 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hoping to see it tomorrow. I'm guessing that the crash and siren you heard are probably part of the film if they came through the speakers in the house.

I've been a projectionist since 2002, and while things can go wrong that will crash, and cause a bit of an alarm, it will not go out through the sound system in the theater, and should be fairly muted and sound like it came from behind you if there is a problem. The alarms also do not sound like standard police/fire/ambulance sirens.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
It was awesome I saw it the day it came out.So cool the ending was.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
I'll wait for it to come out on DVD... hopefully it's not as bad as X2, one of the worst films I've ever seen - poor in all respects
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
X2 had its' problems, X3 IS better
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
I never got through the first one unfortunately. I didn't have time to watch it. Is it okay to skip number 2?

Michael
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I liked #2, and I am a big X-Men fan. Not that I agree with their version of the Phoenix's transformation from Jean Grey. There were disparities, but what movie is without them?

Wolverine should have been more violent..... Your right, it sucked!

I wish they would make a movie that reflected the comics better. Wild Child shouldn't have died, I did like the introduction of Colossus. I loved the X-Men.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7443 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Derek -

I just sat through the movie twice today, and at the end of the bonus scene (after the end credits), there was no crash or siren. It simply ended with her saying his name.

I really enjoyed the movie!

I read somewhere a few months ago, before completion of X-3, that there was going to be a Wolverine movie. I can't recall when they are scheduled to start filming it. Perhaps that bonus scene was to lead into that?

- Donald

P.S. BTW, trivia for you. Xavier's mansion is about 5 minutes drive away from the theatre I saw the movie in. The building they used for external shots is called Hatley Castle, on the Royal Roads campus, here in Victoria, and is also used as Lex Luthor's mansion (external shots) in the TV show, Smallville. I've done a magic show (for a company staff picnic) at one time on the exact spot that Hugh Jackman stood on in one scene. Smile
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2766 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I LOVED the way Phoenix made people just dissapear.
James F
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
1096 Posts

Profile of James F
Can someone PM the ending? I saw the movie but didn't wait for the credits to end.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2488 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I PM'd you
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
186 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
I really enjoyed the movie. I know none of them follow the comics to a t but that's bound to happen. I also heard about a possible wolverine follow up.
~MindPirate~
www.magicianschoice.net
www.magicofben.com

It can not be...and yet...it can
- Tommy Wonder
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
They have been "Going" to have a Wolverine movie for as long as I can remember. Always a rumor, and always had the same "It's going to be really violent". Of course, were it to be like the comics it would be very violent, and I would enjoy it.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't have another movie, A spin off, another Spiderman. The Marvel Universe is too cool not too tap.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2006-05-29 20:56, Josh Riel wrote:

I can't imagine why they wouldn't have another movie, A spin off, another Spiderman. The Marvel Universe is too cool not too tap.

There are lots and lots of Marvel movies in the works ... Spider-Man 3, Ghost Rider, Iron Man, Man-Thing, etc. ... see http://www.marvel.com/movies
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7443 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Here's info from the IMdb website. Wolverine is coming out next year, and is being produced by Hugh Jackman's company (his company also co-produced "X3 : The Last Stand". Read more about it in the Wolverine Movie info page and in his profile.

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0458525/

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0413168/

Maybe I didn't just read that it was going to happen, but maybe I read that it was already filming in Vancouver, or that Jackman was scouting filming locations in BC. Something like that. I read it in the local TV Week Magazine a few weeks ago, in the section where they talk about celebrities and what they are doing in our province, along with what films and tv shows are being shot here.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
I think it is about time.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2446 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Cardboard characters, mix-'n-match plot ... [*yawn*]

Sorry, just my opinion.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
They've finally brought Phoenix into the mix? Hmmm...I wonder if they're going to develop X-Factor?

It would be cool if they did X-Factor in the movies, as they did in the comic book, with the story being woven through the Fantastic Four and the Avengers.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of cardone
Jugernaut Rocks!!!!
loved the movie..... lots of good drama.....
johnnymystic
View Profile
Inner circle
North Adams Ma.
1576 Posts

Profile of johnnymystic
Took my family to see it last night, we all loved it, sadly I was not able to see the last scene after the credits as some of us had to run to the restrooms.

Anyone care to pm me and let me know what I missed?

I was really upset that three main characters died....what is up with that?

johnny
I drink cheap tequila and vomit
<BR>I cannot eat hot wings...acid reflux
<BR>I never inhale Smile
<BR>I can put a field dress on a deer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » X-Men 3 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL