The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best egg bag routine? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
The best egg bag routine out there is performed by Arthur Trace...in my opinion. It's not for sale or even performed on a DVD. You have to go see him perform it (probably at a convention or a public show...he lives in Chicago). The routine is about stopping time and uses an hour glass, the egg, a bag, and a spectator. Really great routine!

Posted: Feb 2, 2007 10:56am
Just saw that you are looking for a "purchased" type of routine to perform. Well, in that case, look at Ron Bauer's Siamese Goose Egg Bag. Nice scripted routine that makes sense...well, in a Ron Bauer kind of way.
SWNerndase
View Profile
Regular user
168 Posts

Profile of SWNerndase
I did not see anyone mention Bob White, who is among the best Egg Bag workers around. His handling contains a number of convincing subtleties that I've never seen used by anyone else.

Casual, natural, and totally amazing. I saw him floor a roomful of very knowledgeable magicians with his routine.

SWN
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of amakar
What makes any of these routines the "best that has ever been around"?
I'm a fan of the egg bag, but the majority of the posts have all focused on general opinion rather than specifics.

What plot, premise, or specific feature makes the presentation interesting to the audience? Why does audience react the way they do?

I know it's not moves and subtleties that entertain them.
I've got my favorite presentation, but before I explain why (I know you're waiting with baited breath), I want to hear your thoughts.

Andy
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
The Trace routine I mentioned is NOT about the egg and the bag. Rather, it's about stopping time. The way this "stopping of time" is presented is what makes this routine great. I think the flaw with most egg bag routines is that the routine points to the method (you hid the egg in the bag). This routine makes the spectator forget that hiding the egg in the bag is even a possibility, or even that you might be doing that. Instead, the audience is captivated by the stoppage of time, which is symbolized by the tipping of an hour glass on it's side.
amakar
View Profile
Loyal user
235 Posts

Profile of amakar
How is stopping time related to placing the egg in the bag? It is an interesting premise, but I'm missing how the two would be connected.

If you enjoy time travel presentations, take a look at:
Ed Marlo's Time Machine
http://www.thinklikeaconjurer.com/all24r......ndex.htm
hagemagic
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of hagemagic
Just trust me, it's about stopping time. The egg gets in the bag while time is stopped. You asked what makes it entertaining...well, that's what makes it entertaining. It's how he presents the trick.

It's not that I like time travel presentations necessarily, I just think this is a great egg bag routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best egg bag routine? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL