The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shazzy
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of shazzy
Hi Fellow magicians/mentalists

I have nearly all of derren browns episodes, including his both videos devils picturebook and his lecture.

Recently I had the pleasure to see derren brown live and was totally blown away, he really did stuff he does on his tv episodes as if he really is reading minds? one of the effects I remember is he randomly selects a volunteer and he gently hypnotises him with specs eyes closed derren tells the spec that am going to transmit three cards to you he does this before showing the card to the audience and gets it right eveytime, no stooges a live show.

Any idea where this kind of effect or theory is available from?

I have psi series btw.

Cheers.

S
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
He's the real deal. It cant be learned.
partyboy
View Profile
Regular user
Montréal, Québec
142 Posts

Profile of partyboy
I thought he asked to the audience to not talk about any effect he did in his show
"communicate your humanity, 'cause that's what we all are after all : human!"
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Why would a entertainer do that? Usually the hype that happens after is better than anything they actually did. People forget the "he had me write this name down and then he ripped the paper". They just say. He had me think of a name and then...................................it was awsome!!!
Rocketeer
View Profile
Special user
Westchester, NY
965 Posts

Profile of Rocketeer
Partyboy, as far as Brown asking the audience not to talk about any effect he did in his show, you may be thinking of one specific part of one specific show: The show he toured with and did at the Palace in London's West End in 2004 and 2005. He asked the audience not to reveal any details of the show's second act, which was a seance. That was because he led them on as if it were the real thing and at the end he totally debunked it. It would not have had the impact it did on many people if they knew he was going to totally disclaim any supernatural powers at the end. Brown says that people really did keep it quiet for the most part.

You can read all about it in the February 2005 issue of Genii, which has Brown on the cover and a long interview with him by Jamy Ian Swiss.
I'm selling my hardcover autographed limited edition copy of Jerome Finley's "Thought Veil"

PM me for info.
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Quote:
On 2006-05-28 14:23, shazzy wrote:

Any idea where this kind of effect or theory is available from?

Yes, but it probably shouldn't be discussed or exposed since Derren is still performing the piece.
partyboy
View Profile
Regular user
Montréal, Québec
142 Posts

Profile of partyboy
Quote:
On 2006-05-28 15:58, Rocketeer wrote:
Partyboy, as far as Brown asking the audience not to talk about any effect he did in his show, you may be thinking of one specific part of one specific show: The show he toured with and did at the Palace in London's West End in 2004 and 2005. He asked the audience not to reveal any details of the show's second act, which was a seance. That was because he led them on as if it were the real thing and at the end he totally debunked it. It would not have had the impact it did on many people if they knew he was going to totally disclaim any supernatural powers at the end. Brown says that people really did keep it quiet for the most part.

You can read all about it in the February 2005 issue of Genii, which has Brown on the cover and a long interview with him by Jamy Ian Swiss.

Thanks a lot for clarifying this Rocketeer!
"communicate your humanity, 'cause that's what we all are after all : human!"
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK not to talk about his methods although great and mystify most of the guys on here. There is an effect that I saw him do to 3 strippers. The piece was about PK touches. Now in "Coral Fang" there is an effect that reads almost the same exact way. Only issue is I cant really work with the way Luke has his "you know what". Is there anyone here who performs that routine as written or who has eliminated certain pieces that can PM me with a similar handling that would not require what is written in the book?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL