The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Ron Jaxon's new to magic posts (Free E-book) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Over the last few years I've made quite a few posts in this section of the board sharing my advice and thoughts on magic. I'm honored that some of them where so well received and judging by the numerous Emails and PM's I've received on them I'm glad they've been helpful to some of you.

So what I've done is I gathered all of them together and placed them on an E-book )PDF). So instead of having to spend hours searching for them all (they span about 5 years I think). You'll be able to find them all in this one book. Each post included's a link to the discussion it's from so you can visit back here on the board and contribute to that discussion.

Visit the below link to the E-book or right click it to download.
http://www.magicjax.com/cafepost.pdf

I hope someone finds this useful.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Cool, what a great idea! I actually just finished watching you on tv Ron. It was very interesting.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Ron, your posts have been stupendous! Seriously, I really bought Bill Burner just so I could send you some money! (But I'm glad it turned out to be such a GREAT effect!) Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I just finished reading this free ebook, and I've got to say, Ron, that it is incredible! You could have easily charged for this. It is so good that I felt guilty reading it for free, so I went to your site and ordered Perpetuity Tube just to send you some more money. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
Wow, that is by far one of the best E-Books I have read. Including the ones I have paid for, I think I might do what airship did and go buy some things from your site just to send you some money!!!
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks guys. I'm glad you like it.

I did show this to a couple of magician friends of mine before I posted the link to it here and they told me I should charge for it. That didn't feel right to me because all the information in it is already posted here on the Café so why charge for something that's already out there for nothing? I did put a donations link at the very bottom of the E-book but I don't really plan to make any money off it. Like I said, it's already public and free. The best payment to me would be to find out some part of it was beneficial to someone. It makes me feel like I did something right for a change. Smile

A lot of magicians share advice here on the board, but I have a suggestion. I hope more magicians will come here and just share the lessons they've learned. Not only when someone asks for it though. One doesn't have to be an "advanced magician" to do this. No matter what stage we're in we learn our lessons through experience. If happen to run into a problem and find a solution, maybe you can take a few minutes and share that solution here. If your 'e solution is about a certain trick or gimmick and I had a problem with that. I would search here on the board and maybe find your post.

This board can be a great tool and can be worth more then any book you'll ever find.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Great ebook ron. really liked it.
it's awesome to see that there are people like you out there who are willing to make an effort for the magic community.
keep up the great work

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
sepaternoster
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of sepaternoster
Great read! It reads more like something that was well planned, rather than a collection of posts over time. It has a subtle structure with recurring themes, which gives it a nice flow. Also, it contains honest and practical advice, delivered in a friendly, helpful manner. Well Done!!!
Seth E. Paternoster
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
495 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Very good!

Thank you.
HÃ¥kan
:wavey:
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Hardly new to magic, but I downloaded a copy. Tremendous, Ron. Always enjoy your insight.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I downloaded it and am going to read it soon. I to enjoy your posts and helpful insight you give here at the Café'. Just remember, just because you have the ebook we still need you here.

Steven
mindpirate
View Profile
Regular user
Northern Virginia
186 Posts

Profile of mindpirate
I just finished reading, and although I'm not new to magic I feel that all of that info is spectacular and perfect for new magicians.
~MindPirate~
www.magicianschoice.net
www.magicofben.com

It can not be...and yet...it can
- Tommy Wonder
lelo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of lelo
Thank you for your contribution. Can't wait to finish reading.
onebark
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
141 Posts

Profile of onebark
Jaxon, you are a generous and very thoutful member here at the Café. I appreciate all your contributions, and have found your e-book indespensible.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Ron's posts are NEVE idle vaporings. In my opinion, he's one of the most houghtful and insightful people on the Café' so people, when he posts something like this - READ IT!

I just downloaded it and am looking forward to it, myself.

I know that I will learn a thing or two - and I've only been around a few years - like just shy of 40!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Invaluable! Thanks Ron!
DoctaJones713
View Profile
New user
Massachusettes
64 Posts

Profile of DoctaJones713
I used to read Ron's posts over at the KJMagic board before I discovered the Café. Glad I don't have to use the search function this time. A very easy way to ready many helpful and interesting posts. Thanks Ron!
. . . but the third man answered, "I am building a cathedral."
DoomPenguin
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DoomPenguin
Jebus! I've always liked reading your little ebooks and stuff you post here sometimes. Found 'em really entertaining and helpful.

This is like a goldmine! Thanks!

Dan
A broken clock tells the right time twice a day.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Maybe I can make this a regular thing. Wait till next year for part 2.. Smile

Thanks everyone.

Ron Jaxon

molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
Ron,

As you write, you have had help from many magicians while learning. You are paying that help back to the community with compounded interest in your insightful posts here at the Café.

I agree with you on not charging money for the document, but the donation link is a great idea. Every time I learn something new related to magic, I ask myself if it is worth sharing with the Café members. Sadly, most of what I have learned this far has been FROM the Café, from posts by yourself, and numerous others that share their hard gained knowledge.

Perhaps one day I have something to contribute, in the meantime I keep in mind where I would be without the Café and the wonderful people here. Thanks again for sharing!

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Ron Jaxon's new to magic posts (Free E-book) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL