We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Review Wanted: Faster Than a Speeding Billet by Docc Hilford (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
502 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
I’d appreciate a review of this earlier billet work by Docc Hilford. How does it compare with his newer billet techniques?

Here’s the blurb:

Why don't more people use billets? Considering that the switching of billets was the cornerstone of so many mentalism careers, why aren't more people using these techniques? The answer is easy - they're afraid of being caught reading the information. Any clod can switch two pieces of paper, but most people freeze up when it comes time to read what the spectator has written.

Fear no more. Docc Hilford and Ian Ross are coming to the rescue. On this brand new Flora & Company video, Faster Than A Speeding Billet!, you'll see not only how to do bare-handed switches, you'll also see how and when to read the slips. You'll also learn four complete routines using billets. These routines are designed to take the heat off of you and the paper slip, and are plot based. In short, they are designed to entertain, and not just regurgitate dates, words, and phone numbers. Faster Than A Speeding Billet is the
only tape of its kind.

Thanks,

Natural Mystic
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Docc held back. He called it a "tutorial" on billets. It was really a rambling, cursory treatment done with his usual swagger and some tacky demonstrations with his friends in Phoenix. Sorry, but it's true. You'll find much better material on billets -- starting with the basics and going to routines -- by Kurtz, Waters, Cassidy, and others -- including a download, author not remembered right now [Stuart Cumberland?], who updates the entire Anneman billet act with very precise instructions.
fib
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3207 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
The Kurtz and Waters books are pretty expensive. I already have routines, but I’m trying to improve my technique for hand to hand switches. I’ll add that I use quarter folded business cards instead of the standard paper. For technique alone, which would you more highly recommend; Mind Myth & Magic or Completely Mental?
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Definitely, Completely Mental. I don't recall Waters even getting into hand-to- hand switches in his billet chapters.
Best, fib
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3207 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Thank you very much.

Elliott
hypnoman1
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of hypnoman1
I thought Doc's billet routines were great the tape actually helped me. I have moved into stronger billet work. However the tape is informative and presentation from Doc is always interesting to watch.
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice.
Joseph Dunninger
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2006-05-28 22:26, fib wrote:
...including a download, author not remembered right now [Stuart Cumberland?], who updates the entire Anneman billet act with very precise instructions.
fib

Yes, if you mean the One Man routine, then, yep... it's Cumberland (and it's a great update on an Annemann's classic!)
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
As long as the serach for grail continues, one can expect more from Docc and et al.
To believe is Magic.
PsiDroid
View Profile
Inner circle
2167 Posts

Profile of PsiDroid
Quote:
On 2006-06-23 06:42, harishjose wrote:
As long as the search for grail continues, one can expect more from Docc et al.

You are right! What will be next fake grail awaiting us? The nocentretear,noelectronics,notouch,nowritingdown and thus no effect??
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
This video is in fact not the big deal. The stuart cumberland dvd "annemann act 2005) is much, much better, but not available anymore....
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
powen
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of powen
I also agree that cumberlands dvd is one of the best billet dvd's out there. VERY good. Docs is ok but I was hoping for more from him as I rate him highly.
brooklyn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of brooklyn
The routine that Docc presents on this tape is worth the price of this release. It is funny, entertaining and mysterious.

George K.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
If you look at when Docc's tape was released and what else was available in print or video at the time I think you will find it full of information. I found the video quite useful.
kbiehler
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of kbiehler
I have Docc's tape and the only wish I had it in a DVD so I could skip around a bit. With Docc's video, as other billet releases, teaches that you can read a billet right in front of a person without being detected. His video does have some great routines and shows how strong billet work can be. He also touches on billet work with post-it notes, that has been exspanded on and continued with the e-book titled: "Postjustify" by Jullan" Bev" Moore. It is nice to see how to do the billet work that makes an effect possible and how strong the effect can be.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Review Wanted: Faster Than a Speeding Billet by Docc Hilford (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.77 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL