The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Copperfield Collapses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chester Field
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Chester Field
At approximately 5:30 PM on Sunday, Dec. 8, in Edmonton, Canada, David Copperfield collapsed backstage from what was announced as exhaustion.
He was doing a trick with two women in the audience in which they had to hold a tray and put on gloves. He was starting to explain what they were to do when he suddenly said," I'm not feeling well, I have to sit down." He went off stage and did not return.
There was an intermission, and then an announcement that David had passed out from exhaustion and was rushed to the hospital.
All tickets will be completely refunded.
By the way, this is not just a rumour, as I was in the audience when it happened.
I'll keep you posted with any other info out of Edmonton.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Im also from edmonton and sorry to hear about that.I hope David is alright!
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
575 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
There is a lesson to be learned here- Know your limits, and don't overwork yourself. I hope DC is all right.
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
Liquid B
View Profile
New user
Toronto
28 Posts

Profile of Liquid B
I'm not surprised. Doing, what, 500 shows a year? It's bound to happen. Too bad though. I'm sure he'll be fine after a little R&R.

Liquid B
(I would have been done after the 211th show)
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Just a update David is fine and will be perfroming all his next shows,which his next is in saskatoon.
David was exuasted but had some rest and spent the night at U of A hospital one of the best in north amercia.

Well thats a update from Edmonton!
Ben Simon
View Profile
New user
Germany
50 Posts

Profile of Ben Simon
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
I saw David on Sunday (the 15th) and he injected some humour about the event into his act. At one point, he said something to the effect of "without touching it, without any other assistance, and without collapsing on stage, I will now...". He got quite a laugh with it. It really made me watch for and realize just how adaptive he is during his act to the comments of volunteers or the unexpected occurences that happen in every show. There were several points where this happened and his improvisation was always extremely clever, well-timed and delivered.

-bigwolf {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
David is back at it again full force. Maybe now he will seriously look at his schedule and cut back a bit so this doesn't happen again. I was glad I got to see him on the Friday night show. Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24067 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Did it happen the same time you post that message?
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
David actually did not feel good for his first performance on Sunday December 7. He just sat down and got the medical staff to take him to the hospital. He is feeling great now so that is the important thing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Copperfield Collapses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL