The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown in Swansea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
479 Posts

Profile of Ross
Hello all,

I saw Derren Brown at Swansea Theatre last Tuesday. It was the second time I had seen the show (we are lucky here in the UK to get to see him live at least once a year). Anyhow, it was fantastic, I learnt a lot from just watchng him. He really inspires a certain gusto about performing mentalism, if you have the balls to just go out and talk and blag and entertain without fancy props. He kept the audience engrosed, his people handling skills were excellent and he was very funny to boot. As it was the secong time I watched the show, I thought thet I'd watch more for method (especially if I knew something fishy was approaching)but to my honest I couldn't be bothered, I was swept away be the performance.

Highlights for me included (and I don't want to give too much away, especially about certain bits we were told now to talk about as there may still be two London shows left - don't READ IF YOU ARE GOING TO THESE SHOWS):

A cold reading at the start on the whole audience. Derren obviously knows the demographics of his audience.

A jaw dropping handshake induction. In one jedi-like move Derren slammed this guy into a trance onto the floor sleeping like a baby. Cute.

Hands off instant induction. He just looked at a women and said sleep and clicked his fingers and this lady dropped to sleep. Beautiful.This is followed by a very good ESP card routine. When Derren wants to he can really get the whole audience to hush and lean forward, the air is thick wuth suspense and drama. Gasps abound.

I can't go into too much detail but the whole show was very polished, the set was in the style of an old victorian freak show, all wood and faded multi colours. Very fitting to Derren's character.

The end is superb, a real real clever kicker. If you even get a chance to see this man, just go.

kind regards,

Ross
steve_sargent
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of steve_sargent
I saw Derren’s show the other week. I expected all the effects to be great and wasn't disappointed but what really surprised me was just how good a theatrical performer he is. He had me and the other 3,000 people at the Hammersmith Odeon just eating out of the palm of his hand. As you said Ross – just go!
"Easy to do and completely angle proof"
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
***, you guys make me jealous.
I probably won't have the chance to see his shows at all!
Tom DV
View Profile
Special user
694 Posts

Profile of Tom DV
Im just annoyed I didn't hear the little tyke was coming so close to me!

Bugger, maybe next time, aye? Tom.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Derren Brown in Swansea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL