The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Roy Kueppers' Coin Boxes vs. Jimmy (Zee) Zachary's Coin Boxes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Hi,
I am in the midst of upgrading my set of coin boxes and am hard pressed to decide on which make to get. Jimmy Zee's boxes get pretty good word of mouth, but I have seen a few negatives regarding the unique shape of the box and lids. Roy Kueppers has a great reputation and is a real nice guy and has price on his side.
If there is anyone who owns or has used both the Kueppers Brass coin boxes and the Jimmy Zee's (or maybe Buddha boxes or Vikings?) and can give me a review on what they think that would be great. As it is now I will probably go with Roy.
Thanks,
J
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I bought a full half dollar set from Jim Zee several years ago.
The ones I got were the regular type and it took a little time to get used to them after using an over the counter box which was of thinner metal. They are excellent quality. If your hands are on the small side Jim's Wafer Thin boxes may be better for you.

I know this may not be possible but the best way to buy an Okito Box is to handle a few first. All hands are different so I doubt anyone can really tell you what's best for you.

Good luck,
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Thanks Jaz.
I think I will go with Roy. I have a set of his Aluminum boxes and appart from being too light in that particular metal(that's why I'm going with brass), they perform flawlessly.
I just wanted to get a lay of the land as it were before I commited to purchase.
It may not seem like a lot of money we're talking about, but I'm on a tight budget and have to get the most for my dollar.
-J.
Frankm6
View Profile
Loyal user
297 Posts

Profile of Frankm6
Consider David Roth's coin boxes-

--Frank
Brian Roberts
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
199 Posts

Profile of Brian Roberts
Hey J.

I have both, and to tell you the truth, I tend to use my Kueppers boxes more. They are really chunky with heavy lids; no need to worry about dropping these babies; and the brass set looks great as it ages. My J. Zee's are wonderful too, but I always go back to Roys. Just a personal preference.

b.
M for Magic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of M for Magic
Hi Guys,
thanks for your replies!

Brian,
Can you do any of Roth's material form Expert Coin Magic with the Kueppers set?
I know there are rim steals etc. which require certain wall thickness etc., also can the kueppers accept an e]?
Thanks again,
Jeff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Roy Kueppers' Coin Boxes vs. Jimmy (Zee) Zachary's Coin Boxes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL