The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Best balloon dvd for large sculptures (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmonty
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
118 Posts

Profile of magicmonty
Hallo Everyone ,
I am looking for some advice on the best balloon dvd for large sculptures . I have balloon school which is great , but although there is information on large sculptures , it does not explain how you structure the model . What I mean by this is how to form the bodies , skeleton , legs , wings etc . I can do all of the sculptures on balloon school but When I try to make a larger model , like a dog for my daughter , I have not a clue where to start !!. There must be some way of knitting all the balloons together so the structure appears solid and is also stable . Joe does make a large penguin , but it is done on fast forward and you cannot really tell how he builds the body!!

This summer I hope to start twisting at our annual stewartry show . The show is mostly farm orientated and I was planning to do a cow and sheep on a large scale . I also do childrens magic shows and this would be a great opportunity to advertise and to sell balloons . Any advice would be much appreciated on the best dvd .
Thankyou very much
Magic Monty .
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Monty:

I suggest you look at the DVD section at http://www.tmyers.com - Tom Myers gives honest and complete reviews/descriptions on every DVD his company carries and sells. His descriptions even tell you how many of each type of balloon is required for each sculpture.

With that said, my favorite DVDs are by Don Caldwell. Mr. Rainbow has some excellent DVDS too. There are many terrific DVDS out there.

Ron
magicmonty
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
118 Posts

Profile of magicmonty
Thankyou Ron ,
I have already visited Tom Myers site but it would appear I did not look hard enough !! . I will visit the site again for a more indepth look . Don Caldwell seems to be a very popular choice , he will definitely go onto my wish list!!.I have not heard of Mr Rainbow but I will put a search in for him .Thankyou for the prompt reply...( even if it is the only one ).

John .
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Monty:

Concerning Mr. Rainbow - I think T. Myers lists all his DVDs under his real name - Dave Bartlett.

Ron
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Hey Magicmonty,

The late David Grist has some very large, even wearable, balloon sculptures on a few of his videos (#3,#9, etc...)

http://www.tmyers.com/video/grist.html#8

He was also a very skilled balloon artist known for his weaving technique.

His DVDs are available on his website http://www.davidgrist.com/ from the UK which may work out well for you in Scotland.

Hope that helps.

Bosco
magicmonty
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
118 Posts

Profile of magicmonty
Bosco and Rob ,
Thankyou for your advice...it is much appreciated.I will follow the links and purchase one or both of the items .
Magic monty.
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
You may also wish to look for info on a Canadian named Mark Verge. He did some instruction on working with large balloons/creations at one of the large balloons conventions earlier this year, Twist & Shout.

Also, Larry Moss is known for not just large, but the LARGEST creations, using weaving and other techniques. An entire haunted house made from balloons in 2004, and again this October-- this time using ~ 100,000 balloons!! http://www.balloonmanor.com . David Grist (RIP), aside from the video mentioned above, has one on weaving, Number 2 in his series.

mbd2.com & BalloonHQ.com can also be good places to investigate anything about balloons.
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
magicmonty
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
118 Posts

Profile of magicmonty
Jesterman ,
Thankyou very much for your advice , I will look into all your suggestions .
John.
Burntcircuit
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Burntcircuit
If you want to make something too large you will prob. want to use 350 or 646 balloons, it will cut down on ur work time a lot
mikeypresto
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of mikeypresto
Contact buster balloon on the forum , I have allof his , they are great
Magically,

Mikey
The Funny Titan
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of The Funny Titan
Balloon School on Penguin magic is okay for teaching large sculptures but show everything like you would like.
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1830 Posts

Profile of wally
Has anyone got mark verge bigger is better dvd, for larger balloons, pm me please
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » Best balloon dvd for large sculptures (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL