The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » "Criss Angel" levitation from one building to another (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Midwest_Magicians
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Midwest_Magicians
I want to hear about your thoughts about the new season of Mindfreak and for those who saw the episode what they thought of the illusions he performed. Ex: Floating Lightbuld, Vanishing a woman surrounded, levitating from one building to another, etc...
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3622 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Haven't seen levitating from building to building yet, but did see the vanishing woman. One was a Dekolta type chair, with the vanish predeeded by a camera so close she could have gotten up and walked away. The second vanish was on Freemont street, and was an old, old (but very simple) method used to vanish people. I really wasn't impressed. As a filler, he produced his mother from a suitcase and vanished a cat in a box, both using a trick table - again not real impressive. I like some of the stuff he does, but this was an off night.

Jim
Khopri
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
237 Posts

Profile of Khopri
At the risk of this post (and thread) being mysteriously deleted again:

The building walk was interesting. There was one shot where the clouds seemed a bit more blury than the rest of the shots, but other than that, pretty nice.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
I liked the shows. The vanishings were interesting. The one on Freemont street was very well executed. As you said, it's an old but efective method. Still It has to be well executed and needs a lot of coordination. I have to give him credit for performing it under those conditions. Many things could have gone wrong. The sitting down version was very well performed also. The footage is not that good though. In general very well performed illusions with old principles presented in original new ways.

The one thing I didn't like was that he said all along that he would vanish a spectator. He stressed it over and over. It was even the title of the program. And we all know that was not the case. To use s*****s or not is a matter for another discussion, but he shouldn't have advertised it as such. As I said before, nothing wrong with saying "vanishing a lady while surrounded". The overall efect would have been the same and most of the criticism would be avoided. But I guess it's more dramatic to vanish a mere unsuspecting spectator than an asistant.

The levitations were nice in general. Still about the work with the camera I reserve my comments because they are not so good. Having said that, I enjoyed the shows in both perspectives, as a layperson and as an initated.
Just my opinion. I hope I don't get bashed because I don't have my own show.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I made a spectator vanish once in Alabama. I'm now on the FBI's 10 Most Wanted list. Smile
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Quote:
On 2006-06-03 12:21, Khopri wrote:
At the risk of this post (and thread) being mysteriously deleted again:

It wasn't deleted, Angel made is dissapear, but I think he used a stooge and some post production edits. Smile
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Khopri
View Profile
Loyal user
Austin, TX
237 Posts

Profile of Khopri
HA!

You have a point. It was MAGIC. It was a mindfreak!
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
The more I see them, the less I like them. Sorry.
TrevorH
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of TrevorH
Quote:
On 2006-06-05 12:35, Khopri wrote:
HA!

You have a point. It was MAGIC. It was a mindfreak!

Yes it was mindfreak! Hah. Plus it looks like the thread was not deleted so no CGI cloud blur cover ups going on around here heh. Anyways on that note I saw a bit of that also and other screen misrepresentations going on during the stunt but overall I have to agree with what was stated above it looked clean, could go on about the cam placements and such but that is already overdone being talked about in CA topics on this site already.
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
I liked the levitations in general. Now in some magazine I read thet it ws "being hailed as the best levitation on the history of magic" Hmm, makes you wonder, who´s words are those?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » "Criss Angel" levitation from one building to another (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL