The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Got a Sun Conure.....Oh MY!!! Womach Bros. pls read (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
Well after using 2 Rabbit's, 5 Chinchilla's, 2 Teddy Bear Hamsters, 2 Doves & 1 Bearded Dragon I finally ran into a Sun Conure that I couldn't say no to. We now have "Merlyn Enstien Helios" in our lives. He is 6 months old and the wings are just starting to turn. The person that raised him did a wonderful job. People (bird people) are amazed by his/her (who knows) disposition. He started traveling with me everywhere except supermarkets. He even blends into my "Rain Forest Surcoat". The looks on peoples faces when one of the parrots moves....lol. After looking at the "Training Market" I decided to get the Chris & Dave Womack set. Have read, listened too & watched the whole kit-and-kaboodle several times and starting tomorrow, 6/2, will begin working with him. I plan on updating this with sucesses & failures. During the 3 weeks we've had him he's been very good at training the rest of us as his flock. I've even learned to do his contented deep "qwuark".

It is not my intention to put down the specific training techniques. If you want that you should order it from the Womach's.

Steps on training done:
1) Have adjusted the amount and composition of his diet. Stay tuned.

Yours,
Aragorn the Magician
ps: It's like haveing a permanent 2 year old in the house.
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Hey, that soinds awesome. Sun Conures look awmazing!
Can you show us a picture of him
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Hey there Aragorn,

Glad you got the kit, although I can't really tell by your post if you like it yet. Please keep us updated on your success! We're in the middle of training all of our birds for a new show that opens on July 1st... so we're training about 4 hours a day!

Can't wait to hear how your bird's doing!

Dave
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1850 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Does anyone else use a sun conure in their act? I, er, I should say my wife, has a sun conure, and I have always hinted at using it in the act, but my wife will not hear of it. Besides, it only tolerates me, so she/it is safe.....for now. Smile
AragorntheMagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Metro-Atlanta
304 Posts

Profile of AragorntheMagician
1st Belated Update:
Bird and myself are coming on well. We can now "Wave" and nod "Yes". However, can't get him to nod "No". He seems to like the wind on his face and is very happy right in the jet stream....lol.
He started performing last night at a Girl Scouts Twilight Festival. I've been taking him everywhere. He's been at every party for 5 weeks on my shoulder or the front/top of my case. Now get this.....the kids had been around the bird for about an hour. Right before the "Show" without anyone seeing he went in Dove pan. Now another friend of mine with a performing conure told me and I can simi-concure that when you place a small parrot into a small, dark place it's natural instinct is to go to sleep. During the show my daughter comes up and asks me something and the bird heard her. That bird likes me...he LOVES my daughter. From within my case came this loud single SQUWAAAKKKKK!!!!" Every single girl scout (approx. 150) goes, "Where's Merlyn!?!?". I look at them and state, "Oh, he's back here, I made him invisible. Later all of you will make him seeable again". They went for it!!! At the end they threw feathers, beaks, feet, colors, etc. into the Pan. Lifting the lid he JUMPS up onto the edge of the pan, spreads his wings and goes, "SQUAAAAAKKKKKKK!!!!". Used him at three parties today and at only one did he make noise. The "He's invisible" worked again.
It's still like haveing a two year old in the house...it makes you young...and tired.
Yours,
Aragorn the Servent of "Merlyn Enstien Helios" the Terrible
aka: I used to be BOB (It's Cellini's fault)
"All Right, Who's Volunteering to be Turned into a Frog???"
www.aragornthemagician.com
DaveWomach
View Profile
Elite user
Dave Womach
453 Posts

Profile of DaveWomach
Sounds like a blast! Keep up the good work, it sounds like you and your bird have a great working relationship.

You might also want to consider Puck's exotic parrot harness. Obviously your bird is small, but the harness is really well designed for birds who wouldn't want to be in a harness.... sounds like the dove pan is working well for you though!

Keep up the good work.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Got a Sun Conure.....Oh MY!!! Womach Bros. pls read (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL