The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paypal users, I really need your help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AsL
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of AsL
Paypal users,
I just recently started using paypal and I don't understand the system completely and your help would be greatly appreciated.Just so you know, I have a premier account. For example, let's say I have $10 in my account and I want to purchase something that costs $30 with paypal. Will it automatically deduct $20 from my credit card? If someone sends me $50 through paypal will it automatically be transferred to my credit card or just be accessible through paypal?
-Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks,
magicianguy4life
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
If you spend more than is in your account they will automatically bill the rest to your debit/credit card. If you receive money it will be held in your paypal account until you request it to be transferred. By the way, it costs nothing to send money but if you receive you pay a small fee.

Hope this helps.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
AsL
View Profile
Special user
643 Posts

Profile of AsL
Thanks Phil. Your help was appreciated.
-magicianguy4life
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
WARNING-WARNING-WARNING...

Pay Pal will never email you and ask you for your account information, however, I get numerous emails doing just that. When I look at the code it all looks official except for the click-on to give that info. It is from ASIA and it is an identiy theif/empty out your pay-pal account crook/crime/organization.

DO NOT RESPOND TO ANY REQUESTS FOR BANK ACCOUNT, CREDIT CARD OR SSN by any forms.

You can sell by PAYPAL and it is about 3% charge for receiving money. That money sits in your paypal account to be used to buy something or you can transfer it into your bank account.

I never leave more than a hundred or two in that account just "incase"... losing a hundred is not as bad as losing thousands. My PAY PAL Bank account also has miminal amount in it

There is another third party company called http://www.ESCROW.COM which holds the money until you say you received the goods thean transfers it to the seller. This is good when buying and selling big items, or very costly items.

If I used escrow.com with one illusion dealer, I wouldn't have lost the $200 he ripped me off. He asked for shipping money, then shipped it COD which cost me $200 to pick it up. I had no choice at that point.

Pay Pal, is OK and I use it often, just be warned about being asked to verify your bank account numbers, password, and credit card number.
Dennis Michael
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Here is an example of a company wanted to steal my idenity that I received today......
--------------------------------------
Saturday, June 05, 2006

Resolution Center: Your account is limited.

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Untill we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

This is done for your protection only you, the recipient of this email can take the next step in the remove limitation process.

Why is my account access limited?

We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features.
We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.

How can I restore my account access?

Please visit the Resolution Center 85.18.123.119/~fax/www.paypal.com/update/cgi-bin/sysdll.php and complete the "Steps to Remove Limitations before June 05, 2006"

Completing all of the checklist items will automatically restore your account access.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Copyright © 1999-2006 PayPal. All rights reserved.

-------------------------------------

Note: I went to http://www.arin.net/whois/index.html and typed in the numbers: "85.18.123.119" and got another company from the Netherlands. THIS IS NOT PAYPAL! but a company who wants to steal your idenity. If there are numbers like this then use the arin.net link to find out who they are.
Dennis Michael
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
436 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
I got that same email and reported it to pay pal.
They confermed it was a bogus email and are looking into it.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
It is rather dispiriting that the spoof Paypal emails look so good. They are perhaps the most convincing scam spam in my inbox.

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Spoofing, or Phishing is not limited to Pay-pal. May fake Bank pages looking like your bank are also false, fake, or phishing for your account information.
Dennis Michael
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
I get them from many banks I don't have accounts at. Some are even for banks I've never hear of!
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-06-03 07:09, Dennis Michael wrote:
Here is an example of a company wanted to steal my idenity that I received today......
--------------------------------------
Saturday, June 05, 2006

Resolution Center: Your account is limited.

PayPal is constantly working to ensure security by regularly screening the accounts in our system. We recently reviewed your account, and we need more information to help us provide you with secure service. Untill we can collect this information, your access to sensitive account features will be limited. We would like to restore your access as soon as possible, and we apologize for the inconvenience.

This is done for your protection only you, the recipient of this email can take the next step in the remove limitation process.

Why is my account access limited?

We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party. Because protecting the security of your account is our primary concern, we have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features.
We understand that this may be an inconvenience but please understand that this temporary limitation is for your protection.

How can I restore my account access?

Please visit the Resolution Center 85.18.123.119/~fax/www.paypal.com/update/cgi-bin/sysdll.php and complete the "Steps to Remove Limitations before June 05, 2006"

Completing all of the checklist items will automatically restore your account access.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link located in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

Copyright © 1999-2006 PayPal. All rights reserved.

Note: I went to http://www.arin.net/whois/index.html and typed in the numbers: "85.18.123.119" and got another company from the Netherlands. THIS IS NOT PAYPAL! but a company who wants to steal your idenity. If there are numbers like this then use the arin.net link to find out who they are.

Scums....
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Paypal users, I really need your help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL