The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » A little twist on Puncture (video link) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Sounds like a good addition of sleights Joaquin, good job.

Bruce, your comment is not really negative. It a theorical concern that can be solved with presentation, subleties etc. I addressed this concern in my first post in this thread.

Quote:
On 2006-06-10 12:25, Pete Biro wrote:
To be honest I don't like the loading on action. Why not do a switch and by holding the final coin at the right angle just push the pen thru?

Cause it would look different? I don't know. In the published handling there is no loading action. Greg's handling uses a load, but it is done before the effect even begins. So unless I was performing for magicians (which I don't), I don't see a problem with the loading. But to each his own.

Just my two cents,

Alex Linian
Rob Elliott
View Profile
Elite user
Reston VA
487 Posts

Profile of Rob Elliott
Magician or layperson, the load was a dead giveaway in the video.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2779 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Rob,

I have to agree with you on that one. I don't think the load was THAT bad, but I agree that Punctured doesn't need a load. It's just a great fast trick.

Joaquin PMed me his routine for Punctured, and I think it's Brilliant. Using it with Revolution is a great idea.

Greg Rostami

P.S. Alex, thank you so much for Punctured and thank you for posting on the Café.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5686 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Very nice performance, Greg! Thanks for your efforts!

Quote:
On 2006-06-03 15:54, Greg Rostami wrote:

* If you compare Puncture to Cig through quarter, the VISUAL aspect of cig through quarter is very visual.

* No one can imagine the gimmick of cig through quarter.

* If done well cig through quarter is VERY powerful. When you pull the cigarette out of the quarter, and there is NO HOLE, the trick is already over . . .

I agree!

Quote:
On 2006-06-03 15:54, Greg Rostami wrote:

* . . .Puncture is cleaner at the end, but the audience can deduce a switch, even though they might not know how the switch was done.

So True!

Quote:
On 2006-06-10 12:25, Pete Biro wrote:
. . . . Why not do a switch and by holding the final coin at the right angle just push the pen thru?

Good thinking!

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
magicman475
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of magicman475
Its a really cool trick, I was going to buy it, but ran out of money lol. I can see how its done, I was also told by this one dude at a magic shop, but good job performing it, I enjoyed it.

-Trevor-
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Has anyone tried to repeat it? I was playing with it and thought what if after the first Puncture you take the Coin off have them inspect and attempt to push and mend the hole. Then you take it back and Ala Spellbound restore it. Have the coin inspected which allows you to do the Shazam, and then repeat it again. Just a thought
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4934 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I was watching HBO the other day and the credits were rolling. I saw Greg Rostami's name under special effects. COOL!!!

What movie was that Greg?
Best,
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2779 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi James,

I actually have credits on many movies, so I'm not sure which movie that would be.

I've been in the Visual Effects business since I was 22 (I'm now 38). Most of my recent work has been in Digital remastering or Digital Restoration of films. The credit that you saw, was probably for one of the movies that I did visual effects for.

Thanks for noticing,
Greg Rostami
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
The one thing that I wanted to say was to notice how you hold the pen before you do your dirty work and after. Here is what I notice. You are busy flipping the pen around and playing with it then all of the sudden you take the pen into the other hand (which does take a little too long) and then your hand and then pen become rigid. You stop being so relaxed with the pen. try to come up with a few ways to "flip" or play with the pen even though you are ready to perform the effect.

Make sense?

C
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2779 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
I agree with you Spydur, I think that's one of the most important things I have to master.

Greg Rostami
ChrixF
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ChrixF
Great performance. Both videos were really good. Very good job.

Chrix
One Man
View Profile
Elite user
Frederick, MD
491 Posts

Profile of One Man
I have the same feeling regarding the loading as some others have expressed.

Don't run if no one is chasing you.....

Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » A little twist on Puncture (video link) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL