The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Doctor's Bags (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Hawkan
View Profile
Elite user
Sweden
472 Posts

Profile of Hawkan
Hello,

I may have found a very good one (and expensive). Click here to see it.

Hĺkan
Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Don't overlook one of the real attractions of doctors' bags. Doctors' bags have very good handles. I wish tool boxes had handles that strong.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
532 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
Speaking of tool boxes. I recently obtained a tool bag that is about the same shape as a doctor bag from Home Depot. Doesn't look like my model is on their website, but is is a bit smaller (16L x 11H x 8W)than the one listed below and the few pockets it has on the outside sit flat against the sides. Cost was about $30.00.

It is my close up bag.

Do a search on the Home Depot website for:
Custom Leathercraft
31-Pocket Megamouth™ Tote Bag
Model 1163
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
993 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
I posted this in another forum quite some time ago and still have not found them.

I am looking for a small doctor's bag that is about the size that could only hold about one deck of cards. They haven't been sold in years and the supplier who used to make them (given to me by Marc DeSouza) is apparently out of business. I have searched the internet and still have come up zippo. Any clues would help.

yours,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Patchouli
View Profile
New user
France
65 Posts

Profile of Patchouli
I use a doctors' bag for about 40 years. It is very very resistant. This doctors' bag followed me in various conditions car, plane, Train even on a bicycle. With a vey little care it looks still well. And, as Bob Sanders says : "it has very good handles".

Chinese Rings, Ventriloquist pupett, balloons, Paper show, ropes, gobelets, etc... I have 90 minutes show inside. (plus some tools)

During the show, it is very discret (black) and I can use it as a trash.

Cordialement, Patrick.

Posted: Jan 30, 2005 2:21pm
-----------------------------------------------------
"I use a doctors' bag for about 40 years."

Oh no ! I am not so old yet. 30 years is correct. Every thing goes so quickly today !

Cordialement, Patrick
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Patrick,

You make my old stuff sound new! Thanks!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicmel
View Profile
New user
salt lake city, ut
14 Posts

Profile of magicmel
I've gotten two off of ebay, but a good place to look at them is at allheart.com. They have a good variety, and look to be fairly nice. I like my used ones because they look a little worn.
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
I beleive you can one of these in the UK from Keith Bennett

Tom
Scott Wells
View Profile
Special user
Houston, TX
993 Posts

Profile of Scott Wells
Tom,

If you are talking about the small bags, then I'm interested. Post a link to reach Keith Bennett, if you have it.

-------------
All,

I have received many kind PM's from those who suggested looking through search engines. As stated in my previous posting, I have looked on the internet and cannot find the small bags. Again, I'm looking for something that has a base no larger than a box of playing cards.

thanks again,
Scott
"A magician who isn't working is only fooling himself." - Scott Wells, M.I.M.C. with Gold Star

The Magic Word podcast: http://themagicwordpodcast.com Listen to convention coverage, interviews with magicians, pictures, videos and more.

Magic Inspirations website for all things Banachek: www.magicinspirations.net
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
They were advertised in a recent update newsletter I got in the mail the site is http://www.kbmagic.com the bags aren't on there but I think you can contact keith from there

Tom
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2756 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2003-12-18 19:34, Pete Biro wrote:
I bought one years ago in Indianapolis, and the guy offered to put my name on in gold letters, FREE.

So, I said, "OK, but don't laugh at my name. Dr. Quack."

Hehehehehehe

Looks good and gets comments.

In "A Day At The Races," Groucho wanted to call his character "Dr. Quackenbush." Apparently, there actually was at least one Dr. Quackenbush out there who threatened to sue so they settled for Hackenbush.
Posted: Feb 25, 2005 2:48pm

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------

On 2004-02-03 07:53, Hawkan wrote:
Hello,

I may have found a very good one (and expensive). Click here to see it.

Hĺkan
---------------------------------------------------
Yeah, figure 1 1/2 to 2 times that for dollars and it could get up there.
eBay had 8, the most expensive had a starting bid of $39.02.
(I kinda liked the one with the 1939 World's Fair sticker on it, always nice to get an idea of the background of an item)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Doc Pepper
View Profile
New user
Black Hills of South Dakota
82 Posts

Profile of Doc Pepper
With my name (Doc Pepper) I should have a Doctor's bag. I do some magic with a `medical theme' when visiting hospitals. Boy, this post gave me some great ideas..
The Doctor will see you now! ;-)
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Doc,

My wife is a doctor and does not carry a doctor's bag. Especially around children, it may cause unneeded stress!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Doc Pepper
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Doc Pepper
With all due respect....
Bob, OR it could help to take away the stress caused by the `fear' of what `might be' in the bag. This is what my job was at a hospital (removing stress and fear). I visited kids/adults in the waiting rooms with stories, balloon animals & magic and them in rooms if requested. Doc Pepper was born from the minds of the Docs there. He (spilt personality, I guess) was very popular with the children and was even called in to the ER on special cases BY THE STAFF. As an EMT, I have learned a `connection' to deal with kids and their fears. I have worked with kids' in trouble with the law - abused - ect, over the last 35 years as a counselor and/or as a Law Enforcement Officer.

While I do think your post is correct in most cases, my usage would be a bit different. All kids ( 8 to 80) wonders whats in the secretive Doctors bag. I plan to show a different bag... a bag of fun.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Doc,

It's good work. I used to enjoy being the hospital Santa. (Then I got to the size that I didn't need the pillow to fit the costume!)

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Doc Pepper
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of Doc Pepper
Bob, Smile
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Doc Pepper,

We have been moving to the ranch and found Lucy's real doctor bag. It has art supplies in it!

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Brad Burt has a nice bag on his website.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Doctor's Bags (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL