The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Day of the Beast (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Last night I couldn't sleep so I turned on the radio (KFI) and the anouncer said it's 66 degrees in Los Angeles...on the clock it was 12:06!

So somewhere tonight on ROUTE 66 at 6:06 pm on 06/06/06 it will be 66 degrees (somewhere) and some guy who is 66 years old will drive by houses numberd with sixes containing 6 year olds...

Douglas Adams will smile and The Mad Hatter will say "It's all so silly...you know...more tea?".
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
I'm still waiting for something to happen. I've been listening to It's the End of the World as We Know It by R.E.M. all morning to get pumped up. I guess the world's just ending in the sense that a really dumb looking remake is coming out and it's gonna come waste our money.

Michael
magicman226
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
234 Posts

Profile of magicman226
It's been a minute since. Still nothing.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Perhaps the antichrist is born today? Or more interstingly, conceived (watch what you & your girl do today!!).

But I think 662006 doesn't quite work. Is it Thursday? I can never get the hang of Thursdays.
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
I am planning on going to Hell, Michigan today to the big celebration. see ya in Hell!

Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2677 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
Quote:
On 2006-06-05 23:37, Josh Riel wrote:
Wake me when it's 6/6/6666 I don't remember the sign of the beast being 662006. Of course King James might have had that modified............. I wonder if the world ended June sixth year six. Of course they said the world was going to end in 2000 (Y2K).

Being that I really hope to have a hand in the end of the world, I believe it will be a tad later.

If you want to get really technical, we should have done this 3 days ago, on 6/3/2006. Why? Because the bible says the number of the beast is "six hundred three score and six". A score is 20, so we had 6/"3"/"20"06! Smile
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
We weren't technical on the occurrence of the "Millennium", why start now?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 11:25, Scott Cram wrote:
"six hundred three score and six". A score is 20, so we had 6/"3"/"20"06! Smile

Every generation overlooks that and yet it is written in apparently plain English. Oh well.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Hey, wait a second: the bible was written in English? Smile
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 11:25, Scott Cram wrote:

If you want to get really technical, we should have done this 3 days ago, on 6/3/2006. Why? Because the bible says the number of the beast is "six hundred three score and six". A score is 20, so we had 6/"3"/"20"06! Smile

Thus three score is 60 (20 + 20 + 20) making it the tradiional 666 (six hundred (600) + three score (60) + six 6). Anyway according to this site http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134 the actual number is 616 due to a mistranslation from the original greek. This makes Grand Rapids Michigan the home of the beast as their area code is 616.

Other important beast numbers

660 = Approximate number of the Beast
DCLXVI = Roman numeral of the Beast
666.0000 = Number of the High Precision Beast
0.666 = Number of the Millibeast
/ 666 = Beast Common Denominator
(-666) ^ (1/2) = Imaginary number of the Beast
6.66 e3 = Floating point Beast
1010011010 = Binary of the Beast
6, uh . . . what was that number again? = Number of the Blonde Beast
1-666 = Area code of the Beast
00666 = Zip code of the Beast
666mph = The speed limit of the Beast
$665.95 = Retail price of the Beast
$699.25 = Price of the Beast plus 5% state sales tax
$769.95 = Price of the Beast with all accessories and replacement soul
$656.66 = Walmart price of the Beast
$646.66 = Next week's Walmart price of the Beast
Phillips 666 = Gasoline of the Beast
Route 666 = Way of the Beast
666 F = Oven temperature for roast Beast
666k = Retirement plan of the Beast
666 mg = Recommended Minimum Daily Requirement of Beast
6.66 % = 5 year CD interest rate at First Beast of Hell National Bank, $666 minimum deposit.
$666/hr = Beast's lawyer's billing rate
Lotus 6-6-6 = Spreadsheet of the Beast
Word 6.66 = Word Processor of the Beast
i66686 = CPU of the Beast
665.9997856 = The Number of the Beast on a Pentium
666i = BMW of the Beast
DSM-666 (revised) = Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of the Beast
1232 Octal, Apt. 29A = Beast's hexed address
25.806975801127880315188420605149 = The square root of the Beast.
667 = Next-door neighbor of the Beast
6.66 MHz = Radio station of the Beast
666° = The temperature of the Beast.
352.2° = The Celsius temperature of the Beast.
6.66kb/s = the transfer rate of the Beast.
333 = The semi-Christ
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Quote:
On 2006-06-05 10:22, magicguy67 wrote:
I better get the shotgun out.

funny. My little brother just did that. I told him what today was, and He brought out my dads shotgun, (I don't know where he got that...) and he pretended to load it. Little did he know, that it would actually work. Click! It actually loaded, he had it pointed to me, so he just sat there in udder surprise. He stood there, and looked at me. And he slowly put the gun on the floor, and left the room. (I was just busting my guts out laughing.) Oh, good times...
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Oh, and just to let you guys know, (he didn't know though!) that the trigger was locked, and there was no ammo in it. Si nothing would have happened. But the expression on his face was priceless.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1490 Posts

Profile of Marvello
[quote]On 2006-06-06 14:43, Payne wrote:
Quote:
Anyway according to this site http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134 the actual number is 616 due to a mistranslation from the original greek. This makes Grand Rapids Michigan the home of the beast as their area code is 616.

Makes sense to me. GR is a helluva place Smile
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Themagicman101, It's often the "unloaded" ones that kill people. If your brother doesn't know this and/or points any gun at someone, it shouldn't be in the house.

Hey, I wasn't being sarcastic. It must be the end of the world.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
Quote:
On 2006-06-06 14:45, themagicman101 wrote:
Oh, and just to let you guys know, (he didn't know though!) that the trigger was locked, and there was no ammo in it. Si nothing would have happened. But the expression on his face was priceless.

that's what Terry Kath said.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
calamari
View Profile
Elite user
The San Francisco Bay Area
429 Posts

Profile of calamari
If it is the end of the world I should think we should have plenty of peanuts and beer.
"I came, I saw, SHE conquered." (The original Latin seems to have been garbled.)
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4121 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:

Anyway according to this site http://www.religionnewsblog.com/11134 the actual number is 616 due to a mistranslation from the original greek.

Beware of internet scholarship.

Dan Wallace, one of the best textual critics around, has responded to the article - you can find a link to his response on the page the Payne posted. While Dr. Wallace is sympathetic to 616, he is far away from stating that 666 is out the door. Most telling is Wallace's statement that the author "...did not interview textual critics for this piece. Aitken makes the astounding claim that "it now seems that 616 was the original number of the beast."
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1726 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
616 is my area code...
Daily I use the phone system of the beast?
That is so cool!
Gwyd
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
I had heard months ago that there was a mistranslation and the number was supposed to be 667. But I didn't hear how that result came about. :rolls eyes:
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
Well the scare is over now, hows everyone doing???

"Payne......333 the semiChrist" HAHAHAH I loved that one.

Anyway my cousin is now a day old today so I'll do you worried individuals a favor and eat his flesh for supper.
Have a nice day!!!
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Day of the Beast (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL