The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sun & Moon/Hopping half, are they different - Help with Al Schneider's "One half Gone" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2467 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I really liked Al Schneider's "One Half Gone" routine from his DVD vol. 2. He uses a sun and moon set, some English pennies, and a real half dollar. For those familiar with the routine, you know if you reverse stack the five coins with the U.S. half in the middle the shell shouldn't lodge with the coin below it. Instead of buying a sun and moon set I recently bought a hopping half set that includes a sun and moon set. The problem is that when trying to do this effect the shell does lodge with the regular English penny below it.

So this makes me wonder, is the hopping half sun & moon coins different from the coins you get when you buy just the sun & moon set? Possibly the shell in the sun and moon set isn't expanded but instead the U.S. half is made smaller to fit?

I need help please!

-Paul
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
AFAIK Sun&Moon simply refers to a c/s coin and matching shell, whether its expanded or un-expanded.

I think generally the c/s is cut down to fit the unexpanded shell in most sets, but that isn't necessarily so for all sets.

Just like a shell could be expanded or unexpanded...
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
The details on the dvd are not too clear.
You need an unexpanded shell and a cut down c/s which fits inside.
This way the shell can stack on top of the penny with the c/s on top of that.
In reverse stacking you will lose a coin.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2467 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Thanks. Does anyone know where I can contact Johnson Products directly?

-Paul

Posted: Jun 7, 2006 12:56pm
--------------------------------
I appreciate the help, but it turns out the English pennies I purchased through my local magic shop were slightly smaller in diameter than a full size English penny. Due to this reduced size, it made me think I had a set with two copper expanded shells instead of one. So now I know it isn't the set that is bad, but the English pennies. Thanks for the help though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Sun & Moon/Hopping half, are they different - Help with Al Schneider's "One half Gone" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL