The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » DeCova DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I am a big fan of Alexander DeCova's thinking after seeing his 3 volumes of "Treasures" videos some time ago. These video have some real gems. I just finished watching his new DVDs produced and released by Martin Lewis' Magikraft. They are great. Simple production but great thinking. The stand out by far that you should not miss is DeCova's "Examining the Thumbtip" DVD... in particular carefully go through the ideas, handlings, and thoughts taught/discussed in the interview segment between Martin Lewis and DeCova. This contains some of the best ideas and thinking with a TT I have seen/heard. Check out the great slow motion silk vanish (previously taught on one of the Treasure DVDs but in more detail here), the bill vanish, etc. Recommended.

Tim Trono
Heygeno
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Heygeno
Are they in stock yet?

Thanks
Gene
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Yo can buy "Examining the Thumbtip" DVD here:
http://hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Alexander DeCova's is one of the great minds in magic. I'd say these will be must have DVD's!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
Yes, they are available to dealers worldwide so contact your favorite dealer.

Tim
Bosko
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Bosko
Hank Lee has it in stock but I hadn´t my hand in it yet. Just waiting for a review:

Bavarian magician Alexander de Cova has finally released his work on the thumbtip. This is like nothing you have ever seen before. His innovative handling of this tool will astound you
First Alex performs and explains three original routines, each of which is not only a lesson in the use of a thumbtip, but a world class effect to boot.
Finally he explains his deceptively simple “Three Point Theory” and discusses in depth the logic, reasons and methods, that will change how you see the thumbtip.
Rosediction
In this presentation for platform or stage a romantic prediction leaves the audience both mystified and charmed.
The Scottish Purse
Great fun as a spectator tries to draw your portrait, only to find the artwork vanishes from under their nose!
Vitamin E
A prescription for mystery. This bill to sealed bottle is so beautifully crafted it will make you want to do it just for the sheer pleasure.
http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/pr......p;page=1
Price: $ 24.95
Cody S. Fisher
View Profile
V.I.P.
Austin, Texas
1194 Posts

Profile of Cody S. Fisher
Hey Guys,

Cody here...I was actually at Martin's studio when these DVD's were being shot. I can say from first hand experience that Alexander's work with the thumbtip is nothing short of brilliant! This DVD will definitely change the way you look at this wonderful little piece of plastic!

I hope this helps,
Cody S. Fisher
To Sign Up For My Members Only FREE Monthly Videos Visit: www.CodyFisher.com/store

Cody's Comedy Confabulation / Silk-2-Egg / Killer Prediction / Tossed Out Deck / Comedy Book Test / Las Vegas Aces / Three Ropes & 1000 Laughs
dave burgess
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of dave burgess
Any review on the material that is on Enigmatic Vol 1 and Vol 2? Especially his miser's dream. Thanks.
-Dave
Heygeno
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Heygeno
The discussion section of the Thumb Tip dvd is one of the best educational sessions I have had. The thinking is fantastic!!!!

Martin Lewis deserves a big Ataboy for putting this together and Alexander de Cova deserves a bit thank you for sharing. I can only hope that this is the start of a trend.
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
I saw someone post a recommendation of the Examining The Thumbtip DVD in another thread. For someone who has both, how does it compare to Darwin's Encyclopedia of TT magic? Is there a lot of overlap in material and/or techniques?
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
If your local shop doesn't have 'em, and you do want to support your local shop, they are distributed by Murphy's Magic so your brick and morter can order 'em in.
Steve V
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Mr. Soul, here is an answer for you. Darwins DVD has a great deal of material on it and much of it is very good. It covers everything from the common beginners use of the TT to some uses you may not have considered. Worth having. De Cova presents three routines inwhich a TT is an important utility in getting the effect he wants. They are not the usual TT routines and are all pretty neat. His discussion on handling the TT is very valuable because he uses the TT in a way that many either don't think of using it or are afraid to use it.

It is really up to the person to decide where they are in their magical developement. Darwin helps to build the foundation while De Cova is fine carpentry, both are important and crucial in building magical knowledge and ability. The beginner, hobbiest, would likely gain more from Darwin, those ready to take it to another level get De Cova because you should already be aware of what Darwin is putting out (at least 60% of it, he has some unusual uses like I said). As for which one I'll study it will be De Cova.
Steve V
martin rieckmann
View Profile
New user
Germany
9 Posts

Profile of martin rieckmann
@dave burgess,
I'm not really sure if it is the same method on the dvd but he already published it in his lecture notes called "homemade magic" some years ago. it's a very clever and espacially simple method which allows you to produce an endless amount of coins. there are two gimmicks involved, so this trick isn't impromptu- but at then right time it's one of the most convinicing miser's dreams. I don't know if the site his currently up, but alex has an own website where he also sells some of his effects- also the version of his miser' dream with all necessary gimmicks: http://www.magicave.com . if you would like alexander to answer to some question you can post in the german forum http://www.zauberschrank-forum.de because alex is an active member there (and english members are always welcome ;-) ).

I hope I could help you a little! all the best
martin
CasualSoul
View Profile
Special user
Edmonton, Canada
542 Posts

Profile of CasualSoul
Steve, thanks for the insight! I own Darwin's, but this DeCova material sounds like it will help take things to a new level. Awesome.
"Open their mind by performing the impossible"
dave burgess
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of dave burgess
Thank you for your response, Martin.
I've placed an order for vol. 2 now and will check it out.
-Dave
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
In my opinion is one of the most vital DVD’s for the close-up artist since videos/DVD’s came started coming out.

The effects performed and taught are KILLER. The thumbtip lecture is powerful. I’m THRILLED with this DVD.

If you use a thumbtip in your work, this DVD will change the way you view and use your thumbtip.

WOW! DeCova hit a grand slam with the DVD!!!!

Chris

Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Dang Chris... they are good but garsh golly. You don't happen to live in the Sacramento area do you?
Steve V
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
No Steve, I'm in Arizona. Sacremento is beautiful, though!!!

I only have the ThumbTip DVD, which I can't stop watching and working on. Does anyone have the other two DVD's that were released?

Chris

Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Only someone in Arizona could think Sacramento was beautiful! Carry on Sir Chris! It is a very good DVD, well shot and the information of great value.
Steve V
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2006-06-19 16:06, Steve V wrote:
Only someone in Arizona could think Sacramento was beautiful! Carry on Sir Chris! It is a very good DVD, well shot and the information of great value.
Steve V

Well, I was in bar and at 2 a.m. the city looked great!

Everyone, take notice: I've been annointed "Sir Chris". This means I can no longer be banned from the Café and I now have special powers far beyond mortal Magicians!
:rotf:

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » DeCova DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL