The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Mini Smoke Unit (pocket smoke machine) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ragidy Supreme
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Ragidy Supreme
Has anyone ever purchased the Mini Smoke Unit? I recently saw it on-line and I thought it would really make a great addition to my act. Before I purchase it, I would like to read some reviews on the item.

For those who aren't familiar:

EFFECT: At anytime in his performance, the magician lights a cigarette, takes a few puffs, then announces that he will, "save the rest for later." Placing it into his jacket pocket a thick fountain of smoke starts to rise!

Mini Smoke is a great sight gag, perfect for comedy, stunts, magic and special effects! Small enough to carry with you all the time and use anywhere.

* No Harmful Or Irritating Chemicals
* Easy To Operate
* Lasts For Years Of Use
* Small Device Easily Fits Into Jacket Breast Pocket

Thanks,

Ragidy Supreme
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
I would also like info on this item please.
Thanks,
Ste
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
I own it . I like it . It works well.

The unit is a bit loud; makes a high pitched sound while it is making the "smoke".
The sound is not too loud , but definitely noticeable if you're just a few feet from it. The noise is somewhat muffled if you have the unit in a jacket pocket, so you could use it for walk-around situations, ideally at a party or bar with loud music playing and lots of crowd noise (people talking, glasses clinkng, etc.) . I prefer to use it in a stage situation where I have some distance from audience.
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I have it but its really only good for a few uses, I thought I could hopefully convert it to make smoke from hands for vanishes... really its good to stick in your pocket or whatever...

Mine does not whine at all when it smokes?

Steven
Royston South
View Profile
Regular user
Jersey Channel Islands
137 Posts

Profile of Royston South
Hi all,

Just a quick one does anybody know who sells refill liquid for the mini smoke unit on line?

Many thanks,

Royston
Dominic Bernath
View Profile
New user
California and Switzerland
3 Posts

Profile of Dominic Bernath
Hi,

I just got my unit today and I like it. it does make this tuck tuck sound when it emits smoke but its not really loud. if someone knows the original manufacturer or designer it would be great to know if the little sounds are normal or if there's a way to make it more quiet than it already is. now to the refills. you can buy the 50 or 250 ml refills:

50 ml refills $10.67
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/electric-m......520.html

250 ml refills UK£ 9.00 = 17.65 US$
http://www.themagicgadget.co.uk/Electric......486.html

hope this kinda helps and again if you know more about the noise post or message me.

Sincerely,
Dominic
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

www.swiss-magic.com
Royston South
View Profile
Regular user
Jersey Channel Islands
137 Posts

Profile of Royston South
Hi Dominic,

Thanks for the links I thought I would never get refills, much appreciated.

As for the tuck tuck sound mine does the same and I have not had a problem with the noise in a working environment Close-up and Stand-up, It's a great bit of business.

All the best,
Royston.
Royston South
View Profile
Regular user
Jersey Channel Islands
137 Posts

Profile of Royston South
Hi Dominic,

As for the tuck tuck sound mine does the same and I have not had a problem with the noise in a working environment Close-up and Stand-up, It's a great bit of business.

All the best,
Royston.
Royston South
View Profile
Regular user
Jersey Channel Islands
137 Posts

Profile of Royston South
Hi Dominic,

All the best,
Royston.
Dominic Bernath
View Profile
New user
California and Switzerland
3 Posts

Profile of Dominic Bernath
I found another site for US ordering for the refill.

250 ml Price: $17.95
http://www.themagicwand.com/details.mgi?......M=101051

50 ml Price: $4.95
http://www.themagicwand.com/details.mgi?......M=101052

regards

Dominic
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
- Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)

www.swiss-magic.com
mkiger
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mkiger
Micromark.com has a generator and refill fluid. I do not know if it would work with your machine, but it is very inexpensive.

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp......ID=82602
cheekychap
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of cheekychap
Small refill for Minismoke - £10.00

http://www.world-of-magic.co.uk/tricks.a......ffset=42
Magicmike40
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Magicmike40
Save some money and buy electric model train smoke fluid. It comes in a bottle and was about $12. It's use for Model Elect Train to make smoke.
Has anyone come up with a good idea how to use this in a kids show?
Magic Mike
Magic Rob
View Profile
New user
Denver, CO
99 Posts

Profile of Magic Rob
I've used electric model train smoke fluid as well and it works fine. It's easy to obtain as long as you have a train shop in your city, and you get a lot more smoke for the money.
ProfessorO
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of ProfessorO
I was really disappointed with the Mini Smoke Unit.

After practising and using it a number of times I tried it out... I'm a fire juggler and I was hoping to play a klutz who accidentally burnt himself and is smoking... it produces so little smoke that my audience couldn't see anything hence NO REACTION Smile

I think this might work in close up... but parlour, stage and any preformance outside is out of the question.
Roni
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of Roni
If you have a friend that runs a Disco or similar ask him to let you have some of his smoke liquid. They buy it by the Gallon the the cost to you will be minimal and it works for me.
Roni
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
Could Mini Smoke be hooked up to a Wiz Kote to produce the smoke needed for the effect instead of using pyro?

Has anybody tried this or thinks that it will work.

Rich B.
disneywld
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
614 Posts

Profile of disneywld
In kid shows I talk about tobacco abuse (Safety Shows) I do some vanishing of cigarettes and cigars, finally putting it in my breast pocket. As my pocket is smoking - I mention that smoking is also dangerous.
The Magic of Christopher Manos
www.christophermanos.com
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Where can you buy this and how much does this cost?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Mini Smoke Unit (pocket smoke machine) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL