The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Harada Hold DVD Kit » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
I saw this over at Stevens Magic.

stevensmagic.com

Any reviews for this?
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
727 Posts

Profile of ftlum
The Harada hold is a very cool technique for effectively showing both hands empty. The disc shows 3 performers and their use / variations of the technique, which includes changes, productions, chinese coin-off-string, etc. A complete vanish is also included. Most magicians can probably figure out what's basically going on by watching the demo, though the exact handling is not that easy to discern.

The technique is a bit angly and I suspect it's best done for a few people right in front of you. Depending on your skin, it's not an easy move, but it certainly helps to have the "hand aid" liquid that comes with the kit. For coin (or card) work, the liquid is better than Corn Husker's, Golden Touch, Vagasil or other tacky substances I've tried. I wouldn't mind finding a supply here in the USA (if someone knows where to get it). Also, for me, larger coins are easier to work with. I've got a set of Morgans with good edges (I softened up the faces). These were easier to use than clad half dollars, but it's certainly possible to use halves.

-- Frank
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Click to visit:
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Harada Hold DVD Kit » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL