The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Another Criss Angel Post (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I never seem to catch an entire Mindfreak episode, but the things I have seen are generally pretty entertaining. At any rate, I think he is the next big boost for interest in magic.

Two things - I read on another board where Criss Angel wasn't as "mainstream" as David Blaine. Isn't that sort of like saying that someone is not as right-wing as Ted Kennedy?

Also, I caught the end of his "blanket vanish" last night, and thought that was pretty cool. Since he vanished and didn't reappear, does this mean that that was the last Mindfreak episode?

;)

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1296 Posts

Profile of nucinud
He did re-appear at the end of the show from the blanket.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
I bet that was added in post production, it just seemed like an after thought
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Sometimes it kind of breaks the flow. I like the illusions but I don´t like that the never are finished. IS that a trend?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Whew! We get to see him next week!

That reminds me of a Beverly Hilbillies episode where they wanted to meet some the movie stars they were familiar with - Tom Mix, etc. When Mr. Drysdale told them that Tom Mix was dead, Jed said "Oh yeah, you remember, Granny... He got shot at the end of that last picture!"

;)

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Bob Saget Rocks
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Bob Saget Rocks
Has anyone seen the walking on water episode or the cutting of his body in two without a box? I thought the cut in two was amazing.....I've never seen anything like it and I don't know if I will ever be able to explain it.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I thought the impaled on the wrought iron fence was BRILLIANT.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
The impaled I liked a lot. But again, he just left there unfinished. The cut in two looked very good, but it is hardly original.
OrderD29
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of OrderD29
Speaking of the cut in half illusion, I'm so divided (oh the laughter). I love Criss Angel because he is such a great magician. I've just imported the DVD of Mindfreak and am really disappointed with the packaging that has to surround him (ie: bull***t and overblown explanations of stuff that's so impossible or dangerous, clearly stooges/actors being used etc). It's so sad to see somebody that has such talent having to resort to something that if non-magicians found out about later would completely alter their view however little they actually know of our methods.
If you had both the talent and opportunity of CA, wouldn't you want want to present your art as something that was inrinsic to you rather than it being something that relied on a camera or stooge enhancments?
I love CA because when he wants to (which he does most of the time) he is one of the very best. I just don't like stuff in places when it doesn't need to be there.
Maybe I've just been spoiled with having Derren Brown on TV for the last few years where he specifically says that no stooges or actors are involved in any program. I just hate to see one of the best selling himself short.
OrderD29
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
In my opinion,if someone could really walk on water,he will be on news all over the world.This guy is fake,so are his illusions.I am bored of this guy already.Everytime,i am here,i hear his name.jeezz.I will say this again....Cyril takayama,is master of street magic.
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
You do realize you just called illusions "fake," right? I hope you can see the redundancy in that.

I hate to break it to you, but Cyril Takayama's illusions are just that as well...illusions. They are fake. All magicians should, and a large part of the general population know this.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17000 Posts

Profile of joseph
Fake? Next thing, you will be saying Roller Derby is phony.... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1729 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
All I have to say is... This season of Mindfreak is quite a step up from last season!

-Bryan Gilles
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Believe it or not, but I once went to try out for the roller derby. I used to be a very excellent roller skater. Anyway, I was sitting there waiting for the coach and the team was warming up and practicing... and were knocking each other silly, over the fence, etc.

I realized I was in the wrong place... I don't like broken bones... got up and quietly walked out and got on the bus home.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Me on rollerskates- Now that would be an illusion!!! LOL
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Another Criss Angel Post (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL