The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Canadian Illusion Builders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I'm fairly new to the world of full scale illusions, so I hope this isn't a question with an overly obvious answer. I was wondering if anyone had experience with any Canadian Illusion Builders? I've found that the additional cost of shipping and duty can become quite prohibitive. So, if I could find a reliable builder in Canada I might be able to overcome that problem. Thanks.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Johnnie Blaze
View Profile
Loyal user
204 Posts

Profile of Johnnie Blaze
Ken McCreedy is one canadian builder I would recommend. as well as Greg Frewin . they are both located in southern ontario . Ken is a member here so you could pm him. Gregs info can be found at his site http://www.gregfrewintheatre.com
with Greg coming into his busy season , I don't know how much availability he has . but Ken is very affordable , reliable and great to work with as well
hope this helps
John
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I know that Micky Hades has built some of the illusions that Murray Hatfield uses. Shawn Farquhar built a couple that I use (he built them years ago).

If I wanted to find a Canadian illusion builder, I would ask some of the well-known Canadian Illusionists, such as Murray Hatfield, John Kaplan, Ryan Joyce, Greg Frewin, Shawn Farquhar, etc. If you are polite, respectful, and show that you want to buy from a reputable manufacturer, I am sure they will be happy to help.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Thanks for the info! I had thought about having something manufactured through Micky Hades, but heard that he wasn't builing as much anymore. I can't say as I blame him since he's about to turn 80 years old. Maybe I should give him a call anyways. If nothing else, it'll be great just to chat with him.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Magic Monkichi
View Profile
Elite user
Ontario, Canada
401 Posts

Profile of Magic Monkichi
There's the Magic Makers, http://www.magicmakersillusions.com , I own a production table from them.

There's also Ken Poynter who built quite a bit, and is top notch. (I have a lady in puzzle built by him.)

Hope this helps.

Matt
jacoblucas
View Profile
Regular user
132 Posts

Profile of jacoblucas
In canada yo contact to "MAYAJAL LINK CORPORATION" MAYAJAL IS MANUFACTURER OF GOOD ILLUSION AS OUR REQUIRMENT AND BEST BECOUSE IHAVE 3 ILLUSION FROM THEM 1,SUB TRUNK 2,MINI CUBE ZIG ZAG 3,BROOM SUSPENSION AND ONE LIFTER

EMAIL: mayajallink1@yahoo.com
Murray Hatfield
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
150 Posts

Profile of Murray Hatfield
Jacob,

If they are building Mini Cube Zag then it's without the proper rights to do so. Mini Kub Zag is a proprietary illusion and the only builder in North America who is licensed to build them is George Kimry/Chalet Magic.
Son of a Beat
View Profile
New user
Montréal, Canada
82 Posts

Profile of Son of a Beat
You can contact Ted Outerbridge, from Montreal, who builds most of his illusions and they look pretty neat. You should find a contact at: http://www.tedouterbridge.com
Also, Stéphane Bourgoin makes good stuff (stephane@sbmagik.com)

Good luck,

SOAB
Patrick Miller
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Patrick Miller
I've checked a few sites but it seems the Canadian illusions seem to cost a bit more. It is probably the exchange of money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Canadian Illusion Builders (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL