The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Peter Rolston (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Wasn't sure where else to post this. I have to report the sad news that ventriloquist and magician Peter Rolston passed away suddenly on Tuesday June 6.

If anyone grew up in the 60's and 70's on the west coast of Canada or the PNW of the US, they will remember Peter from Pete's Place TV show he hosted from 1963 to 1979.

He was a great friend and mentor and I will miss him as will the thousands of children to whom he brought smiles and laughter.
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
513 Posts

Profile of damien666
Peter was one of my childhood heroes. I met him at a small town fair when I was about 12 years old. He was extremely kind and gracious and even drove back to his hotel to get me a copy of his book. He took the time to correspond via letters with me for the next few months after that. Last summer I had a chance to spend a day with him talking Vent and what not... I was surprised that he still remembered me from when I met him as a kid (that had been 17 years prior).
He had the best distant voice I had ever seen (or heard). He was truly an inspiration and he will be missed.
Damien
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
That is really sad, I just met him at Kramiens Jamboree and spent some time talking with him before his show and over at the motel. I am happy to have met him and seen his show. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
Brian,

I don't know if word has got to Stan yet. Are near enough to call him?
Burnaby BC
www.baconandfriends.com
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I just received word of the funeral notice.

http://www.legacy.com/Link.asp?Id=LS18037750X
Burnaby BC
www.baconandfriends.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Peter Rolston (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL