The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Pentium change... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
Hello,

I was curious if anyone out there has played arund with this move. It can be found in Stand-up coin power, which is a book comprised of stand-up coin material. So if you have played around with it what are your thoughts, likes, dislikes, etc.

Thanks,

Corey B.
Ross G
View Profile
New user
Exeter, England
40 Posts

Profile of Ross G
I really enjoyed reading stand up coin power. The pentium vanish is quite sweet but in the afterthoughts Mr Lowig puts a serious doubt in my mind as to its effectiveness.

Its big selling point is that it can be done in short sleeves and it is a complete vanish but he goes on to say.

"If you use it as a vanish, avoid doing it in short sleeves. Its better to do it with a jacket or a long sleeved shirt where you end with the sleeves covering the watchband"

I don't think im giving to much away by saying that you need to wear a watch to accomplish this vanish (This is mentioned in the reviews I read before I handed over any cash, and i'm pleased with my purchase) but if you should have a sleeve long enough to cover the watchband why not just sleeve the coin. Much cleaner and less movey...

On its own in short sleeves the pentium vanish may be too clean (theres only one place it could be hiding) but by using it as the pentium change you have a killer move.

If this gives too much away im sure one of the moderators will step in....
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1093 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Pentium vanish by itself is not too good a move as it is "too clean".
I normally use Pentium Change. You can start with a normal spellbound, ending with one coin in finger palm and one coin visible, finally do a Pentium Change and hand the coin out for inspection.
Bernard Sim
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Where can I find this and who is the inventor?
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
u can try to find at http://www.magicsmith.com
never try, never know
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1093 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
The book is 'Stand Up Coin Power" by Elvind Lowig.
Bernard Sim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Pentium change... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL