We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The World Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
There has been so many dubious calls in the world cup and I really do not understand why they do not use technology like most other sports. Henry's dive against spain is anopther good example of a really bad call. Had the ref asked for a TV or 3rd umpire to confirm a call this important maybe it would have been Henry with the Yellow card and rightly so. The same for Brazil's 2nd goal against Ghana or ..... the list is so long it is a joke. Certainly they make enough money to use a 3rd umpire. There are not that many dubious calls allowed in a pro sport.
Predictions. Germany by 1. Italy by 2. Brazil by 1. England by 2.
Now wait for Sunday and laugh at how wrong I was any way this is the spread I am betting. Germany at home too strong for a great Arg. side who I think peaked to early in this cup. Italy way to strong for the newcomers and they will buckle under the pressure. Brazil but not by much. I do think they are a little stronger than the french. England will hopefully gather some momentum against a team stacked with yellows. That match against the Netherlands was the joke of the WC so far.
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
240 Posts

Profile of galerius
Abc hit the nail on the head...the use of technology. Refs too often are subject to mistake, not only in the WC. So why don't they use it ? Frankly I don't know.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
German and the ref won, but argentina played much better.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Quote:
On 2006-06-30 14:05, ekozuch wrote:

Argentina for most of the game did play better. Again some really dubious calls going bith ways. Podolski yellow card was just stupid and I don't even know why we are watching anymore. Maybe just the pure excitement of not knowing what is going to happen next.
What was the little side show at the end of the game?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Viva Italia.....
germany is next....................
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Quote:
On 2006-06-27 04:39, vinsmagic wrote:
If australian team being a man up for almost all the second half,could not score
do not deserve to advance
go Italy

I'm not 100% on the rules of soccer but I'm pretty sure the team with the most points deserved to win...

and it would have been nice if they winner was decided by a goal and not be a suspect penalty kick in the final ten seconds of the match.
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
240 Posts

Profile of galerius
I forgot...thanks to Skip, Joe, Pkg and Vinny for their sympathy and support ! Smile
Forza Italia !
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
One of the reasons they do not use technology I believe is based on tradition. The world cup is a tradition that has been going on for years and years and to change it would just be going against history they believe.

My guess is that Brazil wins the cup. England has good players but they play horrible together and are in my opinion a very weak team, and they will lose to Portugal. Germany is a great team, however they will lose to Italy. The cup has been interesting so far. That call in the Italy-Australia game was absolutely horrible, but I believe Italy would have won anyway in penalties.

I can't wait personally for the Brazil-France game. Should be great.

Cody
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2006-06-30 14:05, ekozuch wrote:

yes, argentina was the better team, and I feel very sorry that they are out of the cup, but i`am also happy that germany won the game!
kiki
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Hello kiki, if I were you , I would be very happy, so I hope you keep enjoying the world cup, what bothers me, is that I think the ref was not fair, he did his job like if he were born in germany, do you know what I mean? ;-)
what do you think?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
In American foot ball we have instant replay and calls can be overturned.
Soccer there is none , the refs will make good and bad calls they are human.
Nevertheless the team that scores the most points wins.
one has to be good and lucky to win because on any given day any team can be beat.
Go Italy
they also have the best looking uniforms
j johnson you might as well root for italy now,
Come check out my magic.

abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Before I say who will win in the Semi's I first want to check if my results and my spread is accurate. If it is, I will go for a German Brazil final depending on what I see tonight.
People do make mistakes and I agree with that. I think they should stop their holier than thou nonsense and like in football or rugby or whatever use a 3rd or TV umpire. In some places people have to pay to wtach this and no offense but there are cheaper circusses around.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1358 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Argentina bit unlucky,was a shame to see Messi,Saviola,Relquime,Crespo and Aimar all sharing the bench at one stage,should of attacked rather than sitting back and trying to hold on. Germany advance instead.......Smile

France playing great,Zidane was amazing tonight Smile along with Vieira and Makenele,samba boys are gone but they did'nt live up to the hype.Ronaldo is one of my all time favourite players,I was hoping he would score but it wasn't to be.Ronaldinho had a poor world cup along with many others on that brazilian team Smile

Since I'm Irish I'm happy to say England are out Smile Rooney though so unlucky!I think the refs are ruining many of the games,they are being way too harsh and constantly blowing their whistles stoping any flow to the game.My vote for worst Ref is Marcus Merk the german guy,he has the annoying gift to ruin every game his in charge of.Lets hope this man doesn't get the final!
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Really wanted to see France bow out. Oh well, Go Germany!
KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1141 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Quote:
On 2006-07-01 09:18, ekozuch wrote:
Hello kiki, if I were you , I would be very happy, so I hope you keep enjoying the world cup, what bothers me, is that I think the ref was not fair, he did his job like if he were born in germany, do you know what I mean? ;-)
what do you think?

sorry, I didn`t pay attention to the ref, because I was to excited the whole game!i`am very happy that germany won the game but also sad that such a great team like argentina is out of the cup. but that's football! brasil is out of the cup also!:( a very bad game from brasil! france was much better and zidane was pure gold, and I think they will win the cup!
ekozuch! how is the mood in argentina?
kiki
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
So much for my spread. Only the second one I have lost this world cup. But betting as always has some form fo luck and except that I lost a few bucks I am very dissappionted at the way Brazil played. Lived there for a while and they were my team. Now it is going to get interesting. If the games come down to coaching I will favor portugal to win and I think with the pressure on that may just happen.
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Hi kiki, here we all are very very sad,when argentina plays, all the country stop , I mean children do not go to school, people take a brake at their jobs, etc.
I think that for countrys like argentina and brasil, the football is a thing where we feel we can be the best in the world, and we all felt very frustrated to be out of the world cup.
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
England out too! Smile ... all four remaining teams in the semi-finals are European.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
ekozuch
View Profile
Veteran user
argentina
329 Posts

Profile of ekozuch
Hi neomagic, that also make me sad, because I am proud of the south america way of playing,which I think is nicer than the european way.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10720 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Nice has nothing to do with it

being good ,lucky and good breaks from the refs has a lot to do with who wins
Come check out my magic.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The World Cup (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL