The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The World Cup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Anyone but the French.
Ellen Kotzin
View Profile
Loyal user
UPSTATE, NY
280 Posts

Profile of Ellen Kotzin
Italia won!
But I hope Zidane kicks their butts! (that is after they beat Portugal)

Ellen
A Teles
View Profile
New user
Brazil
15 Posts

Profile of A Teles
I am very dissappointed at the way Brazil played, too
I will favor portugal, no way

A Teles
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
ParTEE! ParTEE! At the risk of sounding repetitive...Viva Italia!!!! Geesh! What a year!! The Carolina Hurricanes win the Stanley Cup, the Italia national team stands on the verge of winning the World Cup...and the Cleveland Indians could maybe reach the Pennant? All my favorite teams!! Smile Wow! All I need now is for the Carolina Panthers to corner the Super Bowl!! Okay...I'm delusional...Smile...but, what a ride!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
Well... now we know. On Sunday the final game of the World Cup, Germany 2006 will be played between Italy and France.

This has been an exciting tournament with not a few surprises. Not since 1982 have the South American teams been eliminated from the semi finals. Also, several of the favorites fell along the way: Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Holland, England, Spaín, etc.

I live in Paris, not far from the Eiffel Tower, and as I write these lines I can hear the partying outside as the French celebrate their victory over Portugal and a chance to take home the Cup on Sunday. Although they had a rough start, they have played well and Zidane also known as "Zizou", despite his age, is an absolute wizard on the field.

Italy played a great game last night against host Germany. They deserved to win.

We are in for a treat on Sunday.

Long live "the beautiful game".

José.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
There was a great quote from Pele on Zidane in the UK's Independent newspaper couple of days back after France beat Brazil...

"Zidane is the master," he said. "Over the past 10 years, there's been no-one like him, he has been the best player in the world."

And the journalist went on to write: "It was as if he [Zidane] was working in his own universe, on his own level. No one else came close to touching him, no one else appeared to be even playing the same game."
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
Zidane may be "the master" but he sure lost his cool. A vicious head butt sends him packing. Hope he stays retired this time.
Jerrine
View Profile
Special user
Busking is work.
629 Posts

Profile of Jerrine
"Down goes France, down goes France." he said in his most Cosell like manner.
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
WOOHOO!!!!! Italy won!!!!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Well Italy takes it all. I guess it's time to set fire to the city, turn up cars, jump on upturned cars, I know it's Italy but may as well release angry Bulls in the street, take tomorow off from work, oh and have a cold beer. Keep the party going on all night long!
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
245 Posts

Profile of galerius
Heart attack risk here...but FINALLY !
Yoooohooo !! Great joy !!
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Perhaps, if only for a brief moment, Italian football can rise above the cheating and match fixing scandal currently affecting these players back home...

Zidane! What was he thinking? Smile
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
I still can´t understand what happened to Zidane. His action was unexcusable. Ironically, he almost headbutted a goal which probably would have allowed France to win the World Cup and thrusted him into glory. Instead, he used his head against his opponent. How very sad. Very sad. His career deserved a more dignified ending. But, he is a professional and knew what he was doing. Very, very sad.

José.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh go italy
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
Xargos
View Profile
Loyal user
Brussels
268 Posts

Profile of Xargos
AT LAST THIS CRAP IS OVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Zidane named best player of World Cup 2006

BBC: Zinedine Zidane won the Golden Ball award for the World Cup's best player, despite being dismissed for headbutting Marco Materazzi in the final.

... "The vast majority of those votes were cast by journalists before the final was over and that I'm sure is why Zidane has come out top," Farquhar told BBC Radio Five Live.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football......4248.stm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The World Cup (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL