The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is relevant supposition without meaning, accidental? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I have noticed, in recent time, the lack of thoughtful introspection and fact finding among peers. Not that following the direction of relevant thought is without pitfalls. It's just that many seem to take the hardest way out of most endeavors without favor or forethought. Looking beyond alternative methods may be the path to simplicity and digression, but does that make it justifiably so? I have seen many work towards a means without justification. It's as if they relate more to "the truth" than they do natural progression. By limiting the amount of time devoted to perceiving, they increase the amount of perceptions that are only half realized. This simple limitation grows exponentially when you realize the facts of the matter at hand. Understanding is just the tip of the iceberg. Without the necessity of knowledge, one cannot disprove by means of neglect. Clearly each of us must make our responses to such criticisms as valid as possible. I suggest these three rules in doing so:

1. Don't make figurative responses that cannot be re-defined. Doing so is without justification and rationally lacking.

2. Overcome ambivalence without demonizing hope. It's more than just a mental condition, so shouldn't you treat it as such?

3. Perhaps most important: Lessen the value of preconceived viability. If suggestions are assumed, action will be based on limiting factors, reducing any hope for change.

Perhaps the above is over simplified, but I am convinced it holds true. I am not one for rules, but if anyone can show where my thinking is flawed, I'd love to hear about it.

-Josh
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Get a life!... says the guy with 1500+ posts! Smile
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
So you don't agree?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Man Josh, could you please be a hair less prolix in your original post? Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Is relevant supposition without meaning, accidental? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL