The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Sopranos, Angel, Blaine, a slight comparison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sb
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of sb
There was an episode of the Sopranos this year when Johnny "Sack" (a rival mob family boss) was crying at his daughters funera...opps... wedding. His second in command - Phil- was complaining about it to some other mobsters (about how it made him look weak etc...), and some other people came by (lay people) and Phil did a complete 180 and defended Johnny. The second they walked away, he went back to complaining. Basically one sentance was, " I can't believe that ******-****** was such a ***** balling like a ******* little baby...(in walks the "laypeople") Don't you talk about him or I'll rip your ******* heart out and feed it to you through your *** **** you **** ******* ****** ******, ( out goes the laypeople) I can't believe he was such a *****, that **** ******* little ******." You get the picture.( and I had fun typing all those *'s)

What the heck is my point???

After reading lots of postings about how people dislike this and that about Criss Angel and Blaine TV shows, I remembered an episode of the Sopranos. This is how I feel I am when it comes to dealing with the public about these shows. Among my magical brothers we can complain all we want, but when it comes to speaking with the lay folks, we all are a family. (Isn't there something about that in our SAM or IBM oaths, about not putting down another show....)

Now I don't think if someone comes up and asks about a poor performer that we should lie and say they are great, then the lay person would go see the show, hate the show, hate magic, hate me, never watch magic again. That would be bad. And bad mouthing another performer only makes YOU look bad. Their preformance will speak for itself.

And I am not saying that I think most of us who are complaining about these shows are out there bad mouthing these TV preformers, and I am not directing this at anyone in particular.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my little observation between the Sopranos world and the magic world.

scott
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Sopranos, Angel, Blaine, a slight comparison (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL