The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Edges of a blank deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I recently put together a deck (two actually) for Aldo Colombini's draw a blank. The deck contains cards from a blank backed deck and from a double-blank deck and some of the cards are face up and face down. When you look carefully at the side, you can see small breaks where the face up blocks meet the face down blocks (because of the natural curvature of the cards) and the edges are slightly different shades of white.

I'm hoping that with practice and performance that the cards will get worn together and these discrepancies will vanish.

On the other hand, it could be so subtle that nobody will ever notice. Am I being paranoid?
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
Michael Paul
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Michael Paul
Yes.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Try holding the deck in such a way that they are mostly looking down on it.

No. you are not paranoid. Even Paul Harris admits he doesn't pencil dot cards because he is afraid someone will see the dot.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Put the deck in a Porper Card Clip, or use a card press.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
syd_uk
View Profile
New user
London, UK
81 Posts

Profile of syd_uk
Quote:
Even Paul Harris admits he doesn't pencil dot cards because he is afraid someone will see the dot.

All that proves is that Paul Harris is paranoid too!!

Syd
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
680 Posts

Profile of James Alan
Paul Harris isn't THAT paranoid.

Way back when I was a teeny tiny lay-person (and my eye-sight was much better), I actually spotted the pencil dots someone was using.
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
It depends on where you pencil dot the card and how do you do it. I challenge you to see a little red dot in the design of the back of a bycicle card if you don't even know that it's there. Of course if you pencil dot it with a black sharpie marker, perhaps someone could suspect something...

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Edges of a blank deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL