The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Buy and sell » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
Some time ago I suggested that the wanted to sell and wanted to buy sections be separated but you said that although many others requested that, it was not feasible. However, I note that now you have the tech to split sections so that cards have many divisions, etc. Is it now possible to have an ITEMS FOR SALE section and a separate WANTED TO BUY section? thank you,
Tony
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Tony, the last correspondence on this was that the possibility was being looked at however, separating a topic is very time consuming. Not the actual set up but the locating and moving of exiting topics to the correct area is done on a topic by topic basis. That means that in the Let's make a deal forum, we would have to open every existing post to determine if it's a WTB or WTS topic and then move it. Posts in the let's make a deal forum are only held for 30 days and therefore making this separation is not something we have on the top of the list of things to do.

Here's a link to the latest decision.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......40&2
Where the magic begins
Tony Noice
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of Tony Noice
Thanks, Dave,
Of course, I see the difficulty. I was really thinking of future posts being sent to one of two catagories, not to sort through all existing ones. However, I can see that that might also have its own problems.
Thanks again,
Tony
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
If you do it, consider a wanted to trade section also....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Again, the possibility is being looked at but understand, we presently have 7 forums in the Let's make a deal area. Adding the suggested ones, that area would then have 21 different categories. We also would have a problem with posts that state "for sale or trade" or "wanted to buy,willing to trade" etc.
Where the magic begins
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
If people just would follow the protocol of putting "FS:" or "FS/TRADE:" or "WTB:" at the beginning of titles of threads it would solve the problem.

Additionally, it would be helpful to have an option box to check with either "for sale" "for sale/trade" or "wanted to buy" in posts in those sections (with an alert message if you tried making a new thread without indicating one of these). Then the title of the posts would automatically put "(FOR SALE)" etc. at the beginning of each thread title.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Tyler
View Profile
Regular user
St. Louis
170 Posts

Profile of Tyler
OK, I'm an idiot. I can't find the Let's Make A Deal section. Has it moved? Sorry if it's out in the open and I'm just missing it. Thanks.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
1868 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
Tyler,

Members need 50 legitimate posts submitted pursuant to the Rules and Regulations (some forums don't count) to access the "Lets Make a Deal" and other private forums. Since your post count currently is 0, that is the reason you can't see it.

Have patience, it doesn't take too long to reach 50.
Coram Deo
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4855 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Tyler, the sticky topic at the top of the Tech forum lists those forums that do not count.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Buy and sell » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL