The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Starting a new publication (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
For a little over two years I have had the idea of starting a new publication similar to the Jinx. Of course it is not with the intention of getting rich because there really is no money in it. It is just for the purpose of sharing and advancing the art of magic and mentalism. Now to the point of this post. I am looking for those interesting in helping out by writing articles , reviews etc. Also any one or any company that is interested in buying advertisement to help keep the publication going. I will be the one putting it all together and printing and mailing and handling subscriptions etc as well as a article . But I will need others . Son if interested please send a private message and we will dicuss more details. Thanks to all in advance,

London
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
You might want to contact Jamie Grant (I am not sure if I spelled his name right). He writes Magic Fridays. I find his reviews very entertaining and well thought out.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Although there is always room for more, have you looked at ORACLE? It is a 21st Century version of MAGICK, which might be argued to have been a successor to Bill Madson's New Jinx, the successor to the Jinx.

If you do decide to go forward with this, let me know and I'll support both as a subscriber and contributor.

Tony Iacoviello
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Ditto... happy to support as a subscriber, advertiser, contributor and in any other way I can!

Printing has gotten REALLY cheap... You might find it more profitable to have it printed both in euprope and the USA, rather than paying to ship. Let me know if you need sources for printers.

Happy to help!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
harishjose
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of harishjose
Why not an online version?
We have even free pdf writers available online. This will really cut down any cost involved (except for time & talent.)
Count me in too..
To believe is Magic.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
London sounds interesting, any way I could help I will be more than happy to. I had the same thoughts concerning an electronic or pdf version seems like it would be an economical way to go & one that could definitely help circulation, we tend to live in a world of instant gratification these days.

Tom
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
To all those who are interested here is a little more info.
Thank you for your gracious offer. I have had an idea of putting something together for a while. I am finally trying to take action and put it together. I hope it is not more work than I can handle. But I will give it my best. Now what I have in mind is a monthly publication that will basically include effects , reviews of shows books dvds etc. maybe an "opinions" page and more. Now with that being said. I will not be putting it out with an expensive fancy binding. It will be about the information within and not about how pretty it looks on a shelf. I am looking for those interested in helping by submitting articles of any kind. I will not be able to pay for the article but I will of course give a free copy of the publication to all who submit. I do not want to charge a lot for the publication but I do want to bring in enough that I am not losing my shirt on shipping cost. I want it to be more about the sharing of art rather than a money making venture. So any help you may want to offer would be great. If you want to submit anything or ask me a question or whatevet please feel free to contact me. I hope to have the first issue out this August. That gives me a month to get enough interest from you guys to get started. Thanks to all in advance.

THOUGHTfully,
London
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
London,
This does sound like an interesting premise, especially since I'll be lamenting the end of Mind Over Magic. I would be happy to support this endeavor, but with all due respect, can you tell us a bit more about your credentials?

Thanks!
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
My Credentials?

Well I don't know what you really want to hear. You have never heard of me. I work as a mentalist in my home town of Cincinnati. Mostly private parties and functions etc. I know what I am talking about and the way mentalism and magic should be. As far as immpressive credentials , I have none. But I do know my business and I do know what art should be. With that being said. I am hoping to get an issue out this august so if anyone would like to submit and article or something please contact me asap. I would like to get working on it. I have written a lot of stuff myself but I will spread that out over a few months time other wise I could fill the whole issue. I do not want to fill it myself. So please let me know if you are serious and want to take a chance on a new publication. You will never get famous from it but it will give you a chance to get published in some form and help promote our art and what it stands for.

THOUGHTfully,
London
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Come on people lets create art.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5473 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Thanks, London. This sounds promising. Best of luck!
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2413 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Quote:
On 2006-06-13 10:19, chichi711 wrote:
You might want to contact Jamie Grant (I am not sure if I spelled his name right). He writes Magic Fridays. I find his reviews very entertaining and well thought out.

Hiya Chichi,

Thanx for the kind words- it means a lot!

Jamie D. Gramt
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Starting a new publication (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL