The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Bum gets lucky (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I had an idea but I'm not sure if anything similar has been done or not. I am not as well read as I probably should be. But be that as it may, my idea that I had just this afternoon goes something like this...

Magician is on stage in frayed attire and picks up a deck of cards found lying on the floor. Going through them he picks one out, the queen of hearts, and seemingly reminisces about days gone by... Then places the card on an easel on top of a large blank sheet of paper. The card seems to have grown into a very large card on the easel. Upon closer inspection by the magician/bum he stretches forth his hand, taking the hand of of the queen that is now animate and pulls her thru the easel and does a little dance with her.

All of this would be done to music of some sort.... And then almost as suddenly as she appeared, she has gone back into the card on the easel and the card is removed and put back into its box.

The trick could end several ways but I think placing the cards back on the ground where they were found, perhaps to be found by someone else, and then walking away would be a nice finish.

Just an idea I had. I have no way in mind to accomplish this but thought it would be a really cool trick.
GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
dr chutney
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
518 Posts

Profile of dr chutney
I was intrigued by the title of this thread. Here in the UK Bum Gets Lucky could have any number of connotations!

As to the effect, are we in girl appearing from picture territory. I seem to recall a TV special featuring a romantic encounter between artist and canvas. Copperfield or Burton?
We're having a laugh!
Grab yourself a FREE Joke Ebook at http://thejester.biz
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
That was what I was thinking, yes. I must have missed that T.V. special. I was thinking maybe someone had done something like that already.
You're right, "bum gets lucky" could mean lots of things ... Smile

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Also Nicolas Night does an effect where he pulls his wife out of the painting. It's awesome.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2002-12-11 16:23, dr chutney wrote:
I was intrigued by the title of this thread. Here in the UK Bum Gets Lucky could have any number of connotations!

Completely off the subject.
I too was disappointed when I went to England several years ago and they hadn't changed the title to "Free Willie" which in the U.K. can mean something entirely different than it does here in the States. Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Vaclav
View Profile
New user
Now Seattle. Before? Who knows.
68 Posts

Profile of Vaclav
Quote:
On 2002-12-11 16:23, dr chutney wrote:
As to the effect, are we in girl appearing from picture territory. I seem to recall a TV special featuring a romantic encounter between artist and canvas. Copperfield or Burton?

It was the Pendragons at the TV special from Monaco.
Vaclav
Risto L.
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
174 Posts

Profile of Risto L.
Brett Daniels performs a version with a picture of Marilyn Monroe in his show Magic & Beyond.
Thom Bliss
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern California
271 Posts

Profile of Thom Bliss
I don't know how far back the Artist's Dream goes, but I'm sure it's older than any of us.

There is a version, with plans, in Jim Steinmeyer's "Device and Illusion," and another in Byron G. Wels's The Great Illusions of Magic. Paul Osborne also sells plans, although I haven't seen them. I am sure there are other sources as well.

I understand that when movies were still relatively new, some magician took things from the screen, then went into the movie and then became real again, but with the heroine from the movie also real.

Thom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Bum gets lucky (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL