We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Close-Up" by David Acer...any thoughts..??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

adamjames
View Profile
Loyal user
England
205 Posts

Profile of adamjames
I can't seem to find a review of this anywhere, or even a full listing of the effects included on the DVD.

Does anyone who has this have any thoughts on it? Good or bad?

Thanks

Adam
mackmania
View Profile
Regular user
Orange County
137 Posts

Profile of mackmania
The DVD is great. I bought just to see some of my favorite Acer routines performed. He's hysterical, as always. In my opinion, the best card routine is Changes, which I've been using as my opener since December. Around the World in Eighty Dollars is the best effect on the DVD. It uses Richard Sander's Double Bill Switch. The bonus clip of him performing the bill switch is great. I highly recommend it. I'd recommend getting Random Acts of Magic as well.

Cheers,
mackmania
"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice." ---Joseph "the Amazing" Dunninger
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
The routines and some of the sleights taught are listed here...

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=3712
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Im biased when it comes to Acers' material 'cuz if it says ACER I just find the money and get it. I have had this in its original VHS format for a looong time and cannot say enough good things about it. You will use ALOT of material from this latest(?) offering of David Acer. Hmmm, that last bit did seem to have a lot of gushing. Perhaps trying to hard to suck up and get a PM from my favorite canadian magician, no wait Richard Sanders is my favorite canadian magician, then Gary Kurtz, then David Acer - umm, no then Jay Sankey but then its gotta be David Acer, right there after Sanders, Kurtz, Sankey then Acer, YEP! He's one of my top four favorite canadian magi YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT!!!

Regards,

Barrett James

p.s. Mr Acer if you ever do vanity google searches of your name and find this, could you pass on a good word for me to your canadian magi friends <grin>.
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
I recently purchased this and was very glad I did. It's an excellent dvd with not only a bunch of good routines on it but also some really nice utility moves and ideas: Flipwich, a really nice ring move by Richard Sanders, and the Switching Gimmick for "President's Message" to name a few.

If you're a fan of Richard Sanders and Jay Sankey, you'll really like the stuff on here. Very similar in style to those other great Canadian magicians.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
David is one of the most entertaining and brilliant Magicians working today.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
I also bought this DVD. I love it. Excellent routines on it. Worth the price for learning flipwich alone.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

I am coming up with so many ideas for the "President's Message" gimmick. It's such a wonderful, bold switch.

Although I think I knew about the Siva Count, it was great to be refreshed on it.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
sleightofand
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
188 Posts

Profile of sleightofand
Shall now be purchasing this at some point,sounds great!!
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Have to agree with the above comments, it's a great DVD. You'll certainly find some tricks you can use, plus it will make you laugh and laugh.... What more can you ask for?

Iain.
Adam Paul
View Profile
Veteran user
332 Posts

Profile of Adam Paul
Not David's best product, but still well worth watching. I use a version of his Presidents Message ALL the time. Very commercial.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2008 Posts

Profile of puggo
OK, Last years thread, but this DVD is well worth a watch. Changes, Over Easy (9 card biddle type triumph), and colour change are just a few of the highlights. Colour change makes a really strong opener (card changes colour, then changes back again).
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7020 Posts

Still love this one! Just re-watched it recently.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Same here, Cameron. There is a wealth of great material on it.

Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
Same here Cameron and Chris. I had the video but upgraded to the DVD with bonus material. It's a real hoot.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I also upgraded to DVD and it was worth it.

mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Same to me, upgraded to DVD since the video first came out back in around 2001.

I love the stick man packet card effect, my misses love it. Can't remember the name, Cheap Labour or Lickety-Flip, gotta re-watch it later tonight
Best Regards,

Bob
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-08-24 19:05, mrmuji wrote:
Same to me, upgraded to DVD since the video first came out back in around 2001.

I love the stick man packet card effect, my misses love it. Can't remember the name, Cheap Labour or Lickety-Flip, gotta re-watch it later tonight

Cheap Labour is the Stick Man Routine.

mrmuji
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of mrmuji
Ah, Cheap Labour! That's the one, Thanks Christopher.

Bob
Best Regards,

Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Extreme Close-Up" by David Acer...any thoughts..??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL