The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Bottled up presentation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Silver_Fang
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio
282 Posts

Profile of Silver_Fang
Hello, I wanted to share my plot of how to do the trick card in bottle. If you don't already know the secret of this trick pm me, and I'll explain.

I start by inviting someone onstage. I have that person pick a card and memorize it. I then tear a corner off the card and give it to them to keep for safe keeping. I then have them return the card into the deck. I give it a few shuffles and set it down on a table, or a music stand that is what I used. I then pull out a paper bag and say to the audience, "what I have in this bag is my favorite type of drink, a snapple. I also got a straw for it." I then rech in and pull out an appearing straw. that part is totaly optional. I recieve applause then go on by saying, " what I am going to do with this bottle is put it right on this table, then throw the deck of card at it and make your card penetrate right thru the bottle and appear on the other side." I then throw the cards at the bottle and act surprised that the card didn't end up on the otherside. I then say "You know it probably didn't go all the way through, may you go check the bag for me." They go and check the bag nothing is in the bag. I then say " maybe it stopped half way through, can you check the bottle for me?" they do and they find theier car in the bottle.I open the bottle and it makes that distintive snap. I then get a container and pour the contents out, and then pull the card out. I ask for the corner and I match the corner up with the ripped card and they match perfectly."

p.s.

this routine won me 2 talent shows. one was a school talent show, the other was a community talent show.
bravesaint
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
95 Posts

Profile of bravesaint
Quote:
On 2006-06-15 15:39, kauaiimagic7301990 wrote:
Hello, I wanted to share my plot of how to do the trick card in bottle. If you don't already know the secret of this trick pm me, and I'll explain.

kauaiimagic7301990: I am happy to hear that my effect won you two talent shows, and I also really do love hearing other people's presentation ideas for it, however, if you do respect your art and your fellow performers and creators you will not go around and give everything away for free.

show a little more respect for your art.
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
Wow... and here's me thinking it was MY effect!
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
bravesaint
View Profile
New user
Kansas City
95 Posts

Profile of bravesaint
Quote:
On 2006-06-29 11:46, bobser wrote:
Wow... and here's me thinking it was MY effect!

what you are describing up there is a variation of bottled up. which is authored by myself. you even said so yourself that you are basically doing bottled up with a different presentation.

not to sound mean or anything but its not all that new a variation either, I am glad you came up with a handeling that best suits you, however please don't take credit for inventing my effect, you CAN however take credit with coming up with a routine with it that best suites your performance style. at anyrate please take nothing I tell you as offense

thanks
-Jared
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
Erm...Jared? Two different people posted there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Once upon a time... » » Bottled up presentation (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL