The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The classic cut and restored rope trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
James Fortune
View Profile
Special user
UK
509 Posts

Profile of James Fortune
Steve,
Aldo is lecturing at our club this Thursday - can't wait - though my wallet's a little nervous! Smile
Warmest regards
James

James Fortune MIMC
www.comedymagiciansurrey.co.uk
www.bestweddingmagician.co.uk
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6582 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Tell him that Scott from Idaho says hello!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Great Scot
View Profile
New user
Bellows Falls, VT USA
58 Posts

Profile of Great Scot
The cut and rest9ored rope has been around a long time. It was first written about in Scot's "Discoverie of Witchcraft," published in 1584. At that time it used the laces that tied the sleeves on doublets and dresses.
The Great Scot, Bardic Magician
Bringing Magic To People's Lives
http://www.greatscotmagic.com.
Stuart Joseph, 802-463-1954
Bellows Falls VT
DaveB
View Profile
New user
Toronto
83 Posts

Profile of DaveB
Aw yes. The cut and restored rope holds a special place in my heart as the first trick I ever learned and performed. I can still hear the applause ringing in my ears...
Sort of brings a tear to my eye Smile
andolini
View Profile
New user
norwood,ma
75 Posts

Profile of andolini
With all the new rope routines released.The classic cut and restored rope just cutting it once and restoring it still gets a great reaction.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I too, love the Sands routine and I don't always do the entire routine, but instead do the classic cut and restored and then go into Sands. Whereas Sands starts out with a complete package on the table and never uses a real scissors.
-----
Of course, I have a few odd cut and restored of my own, where the spectator cuts, ties the knot, and restores the rope.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SxBS30U24x0
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
758 Posts

Profile of leondo
Ian,
GREAT idea having it cut and tied in the participants hand! I've not seen that.
Ted L
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Ted
Ian is pulling your leg. That routine features his original move that can only be learned by buying his DVD. It is a very simple, and equally deceptive move.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1296 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I do the C&R Rope at every stand-up show I do.
Always gets a great reaction.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I just came across two of the Sandsational ropes routines I bought wholesale from George many years ago. I first saw his lecture in 1974, it was my first lecture. I have been doing it ever since.
It has inspired most of my rope work.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
leondo
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
758 Posts

Profile of leondo
Thanks Al! I'll take what Ian says in more "loose" terms.
Ted L
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2008-03-09 23:42, leondo wrote:
Thanks Al! I'll take what Ian says in more "loose" terms.
Ted L

You can take what I say, literally, but I do self promote a bit. Al just knew the routine was mine. That being said, aside from my own techniques. I like the Eric Lewis methods for C&R, and I usually cut the rope as I enter into Sands routines.
Here is my classic cut and restored, then I go into Sands, then a Frank Garcia cut and restored.. its just under 4 minutes of rope. You will also see my own c&r pickup, and a move where the specator stretches the ropes for me.
http://www.magicvideodepot.com/main/memb......terlude/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » The classic cut and restored rope trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL