The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Rannie Raymundo- Late night at the Tavern (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Well, I received my pre-release copy this morning and have to say I am more than satisfied with the final produce. Rannie has done a brilliant job in producing this DVD and the routines shown and taught are excellent. All of them can be done in the real world, and there are no filler effects here. I have long been a fan of Rannies work, and this DVD just makes me want more!

Raw Choice: A great kind of Russian Roulette type of effect using eggs. The spectators freely chosen egg from a bowl of eggs is the only normal egg, the rest are hard boiled. This is a COMPLETELY FREE choice and is signed, the spectator can even change their mind. A brilliant little effect, and you can have a bowl of how ever many eggs you like! They always choose the normal egg, and there is no forcing either.

The other card: After the deck is shufled, a card is placed on the table and covered with a coin. A card is FREELY chosen and signed, and placed into the deck which is then shuffled by the spectator. The magician doesn't touch the deck again, but just picks up the card covered by the coin. The card is turned over and is seen to be the signed selection. This is a great little trick, and similar to the Mystery card effect, but a lot more direct.

Costume Change: How much I loved this little trick. A BORROWED coin and a BORROWED note. The coin is signed by the spectator and wrapped in the note and crumpled into a ball by the spectator. The magician cleanly cups his hands around the borrowed bill, gives his hands a little shake, and opens his hands. Now the bill has cahnged to a completely different bill, and can even be a bill from a different country! The bill is given to the spectator, the un-roll the bill, and inside is their signed coin. An amazing effect with a lot of possibilites, I had no idea where this one was going!

Blow me a kiss: Rannie posted a video of this effect on the Café a little while back and people loved it. It is a great effect and gets great reactions. Im sure most close up magicians who liek good card magic and capturing their spectators interest will soon be performing this. When Rannie sent me one of his personal DVDs a little while back, this was one of the effects on there, and I still think it is a great effect!

Mr Picasso: Another great little effect. A spectators signed selected card which is lost in the deck. The magician fails to find the card so produces a blank card. He draws the spectators card and even tries to duplicated the signature, in the end, he changes the drawing into the REAL selected signed card. Though possibly a little time consuming, if you want entertainment and some fun with your spectators, but in the end, want to leave them amazed, then this is the effect for you, love this one Rannie!!!

This is the card: Another effect I had seen of Rannies and was glad to see it on this DVD. Another entertaining routine that makes the spectator believe they are going to lose their money and suckers them in right to the end with the kicker surprise ending with the revelation of the card

The Boss' Ultimate Birthday Trick: Well, I don't want to say too much about this effect, except next time you perform at someones birthday, you wont have to think which effect to do, this is it. It brings the audience in, you have a lot offun with it, and is very magical looking. A lot of thinking has gone into this, and I think Rannie posted a performance to this somewhere on the Café before, this will have people scratching their heads!!!

All in all, a very well produced DVD, with 7 great effects performed and explained. They are explained very well, and Rannie also gives his thoughts on the topit and sleeving. I believe Rannie to be one of the best I have seen with the Topit, and you can see all his hard work in it has paid off. Well done to Rannie, don't pass up on this one!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10699 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Rannie has been planning to release his signature effects for a long time now finally he has done it. I cant wait to get my copy..I have had the pleasure to see many of these effects even before he released this dvd . Chris already mentioned Rannies work is real world material and I also agree ,
LATE NITE AT THE TAVERN will soon be avaliable on my web site vinnymarini .com as well as Rannies site
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
649 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Can't wait to put my hands on it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks for the full review Christopher. It has been my dream to share my babies to the world. The effects on "The Raytrix", "The Boss" and "Late Night at The Tavern" are actual routines that I have been using in the real world. They have served me well for years, and now its time that I share my works.

Vinny, the package made it to the U.K., it should be in your mail box when you wake up!

Qkeli, thanks for all the support. Expect your package soon.

Stay Magical my friends!

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Rannie's magic is so hot it sizzles. And rannie is a very cool performer that knows how to perform for a crowd. he performs magic with class and when that happens magic is important and it becomes art.

Rannie has many video's that he has shared with Café members through the web on a site called "You Tube". One of them is his coins to glass routine and another was a stacking cull that he did in front of a group of magicians.

Very impressive and very entertaining.

Great job Rannie I look forward to your new DVD.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Rannies stacking cull is called Sculling, and is a great tool that all serious card men should know and use. Again, well done Rannie
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
The "Manila Boss" is in great form on his latest release of effects detailed above. Several excellent card tricks are presented along with some interesting and unusual specialty tricks. Okay, "Raw Choice"--the effect utilizing raw and hardboiled eggs--is probably not going to be added to too many tablehopping routines, but might be a fun little experiment in the kitchen. And with a little inventiveness, you could adapt his technique to different applications that would work in other circumstances. And be a lot less messy!

Rannie has a very smooth performance style and patter. He's always in control, but he's funny and enjoyable to watch. Whether you want to examine him closely or just sit back and watch in wonder, it's an interesting and appealing performance.

He tosses in a nice coin & bill effect...and there's a nice coin vanish thrown in the middle just for fun. Some good ideas to aid any routine.

Rannie has excellent hands and delivers the goods on this instructional DVD--going through each effect slowly and expertly to teach the moves and the reason for the moves. He puts a lot of thought into his routines...and it shows.

Kudos to "The Boss" for his welcome addition to quality instruction. It's a worth addition to a working magician's library of strong material. Two thumbs up, Rannie.

BooRadley
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks Brad, I'm glad you liked the DVD. You hit the nail right in the head regarding applying the ideas and moves I presented to other effects. For instance, RAW CHOICE, I peform this only in controled or formal settings. This is not a table hopping routine indeed. With the ideas and principles, one can trully apply it in many table hopping type magic.

It is indeed an honor to have entertained you gentlemen.

My good friend Glenn, very kind words from a very esteemed, cardman. I am deeply honored. Your copy will be sent shortly. Regarding Sculling, I'm afraid, it won't be out for quite sometime, only for a select few in the meantime.

Peace,

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
711 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Hey Rannie,

Two thumbs up on your latest dvd! My favorite is RAW CHOICE!

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks Sal. See you tonight at the Meeting. I'll be lecturing!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
'Raw Choice' and 'This is the Card' are already published free online aren't they?

'Mr Picasso' sounds good. It brings to mind Hofzinser's card problem #6 which in Epilogue #10 (November, 1970) is described as follows: "A card is chosen and returned to the pack. There appears a blank card. Then there slowly appears on the blank a picture of the selected card."

I do like the effect produced by 'The Boss' Ultimate Birthday Trick'. Although I've never been that big a fan of running single card after single card. But if it works, it works.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
It is published free online somewhere. I don't think I can mention it here. It was never on video though.

Mr. Picasso was originally called "My Friend Aldo". It was sort of like a gift for Aldo Colombini when we both lectured in Manila 2 years ago. Aldo showed me a move the year before and I liked it so much, I worked out a routine that would utilize the move.

I am not a big fan of running cards myself. Let me say though that this has been one of my biggest closers. Your right, if it works, it works. It does indeed.

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
antwe
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of antwe
Amongst all the productions I have of Rannie "The Boss" Raymundo, I believe that this is one of my favorites. Very workable, very practical..well aside from Raw Choice since as BooRadley mentioned before that one cannot simply go around with a bag of eggs.

The ingeniuty, the creativity and the showmanship! Simply the best yet. And I'm sure there are more up that man's sleeve.

All the best!
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1907 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Yo Rannie, cant wait to jam at you tavern in september, save me some signed copies Smile

Jon
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
Rannie--my wife was looking for a food theme for the hospital she works at. She wandered in while I was watching your instructional video and decided to focus on the Philippines. I made up a quick poster to help promote the event--attached. Forum regulations won't let me make it very big, but the attached should give you and idea of what it looks like.

See...you inspire magic all around the world!

BooRadley

Click here to view attached image.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
That is wonderful Brad! It makes me proud to be a magician and a Filipino. I hope to session with you soon. I can cook for you and your wife too when I visit sometime this year. Probably the last quarter. I usually visit the U.S. twice a year. When in the U.S. I live in San Diego. I stay a month or so in L.A. , hook up with Vinny, visit the Castle etc... I'll make sure I head your way. Another DVd is coming your way soon my friend.

Mabuhay!
(Cheers)

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10699 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Rannie I receive late nite at the tavern , I also sent a copy to Kelli in France.
Ill settle in and watch it today. thank you so much
and skype me when you have a chance.
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
This is really entertaining stuff. The effects in this DVD are suitable for workers.

My favorite effects in the DVD are as follows:

Raw Choice - It was real fun watching this. The spectator has an absolutely free choice. And yet the spectator chooses the only raw egg.

Blow me a Kiss - A very visual card effect. I like this piece because of the audience participation. You will actually ask your spectator for a "kiss" to help you find their card!

This is the Card - An impromptu card effect with an unexpected revelation. Very easy to do.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6036 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Congratulations Rannie Raymundo keep up the great work and nice magic video stuff you have been putting up on you tube.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
I am pleased to announce that Late Night at The Tavern is finally available thru Vinny "The Godfather" Marini's site

http://www.vinnymarini.com/product/dvd/latenite.html

Thanks,

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Rannie Raymundo- Late night at the Tavern (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL