The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Voodoo Rite (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
I first purchased this from Hank Lee's in 1998 or so and had to buy another as I wore it out. Does anyone else do this effect and if so can you recommend any nice presentations other than the attached patter?
Also, Portrait of Lydia Marsh sounds like a good effect for a seance show but is out of production. If anyone would like to unload their's I'm interested.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Two years and NOTHING?? Voodoo Rite is a packet trick but a pretty strong one. Somebody?
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Lol
fraughton
View Profile
Veteran user
of books
327 Posts

Profile of fraughton
I have nothing useful to add. I lust hate to see you languishing here alone.
Beware of this and that.
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Well-done JAlens, you have passed the test of Patience. And now, the further 2-year test of Endurance--Soon, my son, soon---
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
3 and 1/2 years????? Anybody? Smile
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Just saw this
which version of Voodoo rite (meaning who created or released it)
Lydia marsh is a cool effect, yes I have used it (they come up once in a while on Ebay)
it not only can be used in a seance, I've used it for a close-up set
unfortunately, no I wouldn't want to get rid of it (I have kept all the products I've gotten from Mary in the past.
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
I like you,John !

You,do not give up! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
The magic Café Bizarrist moto "no corpse left behind" we get to them all eventually Smile
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions & Co Producer of Bizarre hauntings
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of seadog93
Has anyone done the "voodoo" ritual described by Docc on his Flora and Co. audio tapes?
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On 2012-05-04 01:48, gothicmagic wrote:
Just saw this
which version of Voodoo rite (meaning who created or released it)
Lydia marsh is a cool effect, yes I have used it (they come up once in a while on Ebay)
it not only can be used in a seance, I've used it for a close-up set
unfortunately, no I wouldn't want to get rid of it (I have kept all the products I've gotten from Mary in the past.

It was created by Jim Rainho. It's a cool little bizarre card effect. Here's a link http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/product.php?productid=1589
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1374 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Ok,
that was the first one I thought of as Jim is a Local friend of mine,
Jim gave me a copy of that (next week I'll break it out again and take a peek, I know when I first got it, it seemed a bit "card tricky" for my persona)
I'll drop you a note once I revisit it, since it's been a while
Vlad ^0^
ECSS I,II,III,IV,V,VI
Order of the Hexidic
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Ok, I triple dog dare someone to buy this and play with it a little bit and post a review.

Any takers? Smile
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Ironic that this has been going for 8 years and all the links are dead. Have you considered Chris Washuber's custom card making system to replace this. My guess is that by now if someone hasn't said something like, "I've got a new one in the package I'll let you have." that you aren't going to find it and that nobody is going to "cast you out" for making your own.
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2014, MRSharpe wrote:
Ironic that this has been going for 8 years and all the links are dead. Have you considered Chris Washuber's custom card making system to replace this. My guess is that by now if someone hasn't said something like, "I've got a new one in the package I'll let you have." that you aren't going to find it and that nobody is going to "cast you out" for making your own.

8 years?!?! Lol

Jim Rainho still sells it on his sit at http://www.rainho.com/MENTALISM.html

It's only $20. Maybe I should order a couple and send them out for review; just to have some closure Smile

It's at the bottom of the page.
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
BTW - You'll be tempted to stop at the first one Acid Madness. Don't.

It may sound far more interesting and no meaningful discussion of Voodoo Rite will be had.

Just sayin.'
MRSharpe
View Profile
Special user
Never a dull moment with
940 Posts

Profile of MRSharpe
Glad to see you found it!
Custom Props Designer and Fabricator as well as Performer from Indiana, USA
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2014, JAlenS wrote:
BTW - You'll be tempted to stop at the first one Acid Madness. Don't.

HaHa, that is what I did ! Smile

Funny all this VooDoo stuff, I just ordered a HooDoo/VooDoo doll from ZoOpDoG here in Spooky !
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
orchid666
View Profile
Special user
u.k
626 Posts

Profile of orchid666
What's the effect. Looks like my kinda thing!
Intrepid
View Profile
Inner circle
Silver Spring, MD
1183 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
JAlenS, care to shed some light on the Portrait of Lydia Marsh for those of us who are out of the loop? Or are we required to wait 8 years first?
Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Voodoo Rite (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL