The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Voodoo Rite (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Quote:
On May 8, 2014, Intrepid wrote:
JAlenS, care to shed some light on the Portrait of Lydia Marsh for those of us who are out of the loop? Or are we required to wait 8 years first?

It is some kind of change although I'm not sure because I never was able to get one. There was one for sale here a couple of weeks ago but I missed that too dangit lol. I've heard it's kind of knacky though.

Voodoo Rite is pretty cool. You show a deck of cards front and back. Those cards act as victims. You then have a spec choose two cards from a mini-deck and inflict curses on the "voodoo effigies." As the regular deck is spread two cards are seen face up in the face down spread and they match the little cards that were cursed. Then, the cursed cards from a regular deck are placed in an envelope and a blessing is said iver the envelope. When the cards are taken out of the envelope they are no longer cursed and wallah!! You take you bows to a standing ovation...or not Smile
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
I hate typing on an iphone.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
I put an order in for the Voodoo rite deck yesterday. We'll see how it plays out.
Bob
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1522 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Cool!!! Let us know.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, JAlenS wrote:
Cool!!! Let us know.

Sure, but I feel obligated to maintain the spirit of this thread by posting that response two years from now ;-)
Bob
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, Intrepid wrote:
Quote:
On May 9, 2014, JAlenS wrote:
Cool!!! Let us know.

Sure, but I feel obligated to maintain the spirit of this thread by posting that response two years from now ;-)

And, I will be sure to come back to this thread in four years to read the review ! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
guyactor
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of guyactor
I, too, relegated too much time on Acid Madness. (Man, there are a lot of typos on that site)
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Voodoo Rites was received in the mail today. My feeling from having read the instructions is that it's best suited for the card guys or restaurant workers as something a little different that they could add to their act. Not the kind of thing that typically gets our interest in spooky. As such I'll be taking a pass on performing this for others. But for those looking for a fun little something to scare your nieces and nephews at Christmas, the method appears easy enough for anyone to perform who is interested.
Bob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Voodoo Rite (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL