The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope through neck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
I couldn't find it in the search. Sorry if this topic is in there. I had and having trouble with Rope Through Neck. Steven Thompson is helping me with it but is it just me or is it a little hard. I haven't done much rope magic. If someone could help me with it. You can ask Steven (IF he doesn't mind) if I have this. I don't know. The insructions I got werent very clear and don't even bother with the rope. I don't want to expose.

Posted: Jun 18, 2006 11:29pm
------------------------------------------------
Anyone?
SmallCheeto
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
115 Posts

Profile of SmallCheeto
Hi there,
From what I know there are 2 ways. The easiest way is with 2 ropes. The other is with 1 rope. It can only be done in a collared or "Tight Neck " shirt. PM me If you want the "Details". Which one is it?
Magically,
Matthew Toner
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3133 Posts

Profile of warren
Daryl shows some good variations of rope thru neck on one of his rope videos,sorry I can't remember which one but I'm sure if you put it in google you will be able to find out which tape has the material your looking for.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Email me what the problem is and I'll see if I can guide you to the promise land.
Steve V
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
Flip's rope dvd also has a couple versions of ropes through the neck.
Joe H
bentley
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of bentley
Thanks for all your help on this. I will look into the dvds. I just gave you Steve V a pm.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Eleazar Goodenough is currently combining the Tenkai Rope Through Neck (the version with one rope) with the "Lost Head" Illusion. They make a great combination. He takes the rope and pulls it through his neck. Then his head seems to wobble around and suddenly falls off into his hands. He plays catch with it, tossing it up and down a few times, and then finally reaches around for a bucket of glue. He has to point his head towards the bucket to find it. He holds his head with one hand, then pretends to slop glue from the bucket onto his neck, and finally he replaces his head back where it belongs.

This one makes them SCREAM with laughter.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2600 Posts

Profile of John Long
That's a cleaver combination of effects
phil in KC
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of phil in KC
Daryl also includes a rope through the neck routine on one of his Fooler Dooler videos -- #2, I believe. The handling is pretty straightforward.

-Phil in KC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope through neck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL