The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hauntiques (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
...WHERE IS IT.... look, the corpses are clawing their way from their graves in search of it... Curator... you best have it soon..... these corpses do not read French... they need the Dr. Dee English translation... toot sweet!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
I second the motion! We must heed the warning of Dr. Spektor. Otherwise we might get a Night of the Living Dead re-enactment.

I could not sleep for weeks after that movie. I will likely not sleep for weeks after reading your book, either, Curator.
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
Ericc
View Profile
New user
France
2 Posts

Profile of Ericc
If Hauntiques is as good as Légendes Urbaines, and I can bet it will, you may loose your sleep wanting to invent your own stories. This what is great about these books, they are inspiring. I got a copy of Légendes Urbaines in 99 (I am french)and loved almost all stories but until today never used any of them in my shows. I tried to write mine, they're not as good but I know for sure I would never have created them without these books. That's why I am so thankfull to the author.
Eric
Autumn Morning Star
View Profile
Grammar Hostess
Today, I corrected grammar in
1379 Posts

Profile of Autumn Morning Star
Merci, Ericc and welcome to the our online community! I look forward to this book even more after reading your post. Gives me a glorious anticipation sensation of frisson!
Wonder is very necessary in life. When we're little kids, we're filled with wonder for the world - it's fascinating and miraculous. A lot of people lose that. They become cynical and jaded, especially in modern day society. Magic renews that wonder.
Doug Henning
egregor
View Profile
Veteran user
The other side of the veil.
340 Posts

Profile of egregor
I have only recently read Capricornian tales and checked your website. I appreciate your attention to detail, and the sheer volume of information on your website, demonstrates your prowess in the bizarre genre. Forgive me for not parusing your information earlier, but I purposely did not expose myself to other magicians influences,so as to keep my own work purely my own. Now after reading others work, I've found that my selfishness has been detrimental to my own performances, and I have been cheating my audiences from my best performances. No man is an island unto himself.
My mom says I'm reprehensible, I think I'm perfectly hensible.
Abiloko
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (Spain)
55 Posts

Profile of Abiloko
I have the french versions from the books of Mr. Chelman (Legendes urbaines and Compendium Sortilegionis), they are two of my favourites magic booksfrom all the times. Although you not do this kind of magic, the material is extraordinary.

Congratulations to english readers, don't miss this event¡¡¡

I would ask The Curator about his audiovisual material (Mr. Chelman is not only an excellent perfomer, He's a very good teacher too¡¡):

I only know the tape from International Magic (Lecture) and the tapes from Joker deluxe (Blitz, Seminaire and Gobelets). Could be they avalaible again this time on dvd?? Maybe you will release new material soon?

Best regards.
Best is yet to come ¡¡¡
The Curator
View Profile
V.I.P.
Beware Vampire, I have
3825 Posts

Profile of The Curator
I'm just coming back from Firenze and Pompei, so I couldn't answer earlier.
At the moment I'm not planning to transfert the videos on dvd.
If I do another dvd, I'd like to introduce the graphic concepts developped in the Compendium.
And I'm open to suggestion ...
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Quote:
On 2006-06-19 11:35, airship wrote:
So, I take it this book is the "Duke Nuke'em" of Bizarre Magick? Smile

Except Christian will actually be releasing the book this October ! Smile
3D Realms software should've changed their name to 4D Realms, they're stuck in a time warp.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Oh this looks awesome.

Dammit.

I need money !! I still haven't bought Final Curtain, and now this, not to mention the (old) New Invocation series.
I guess I'm going to have to smash open my human bank and start counting souls..
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Hauntiques (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL