The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Deeply Depressed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Well, on Father's day I got some very upsetting news. My wife told me that our marriage of 5 years was over. She said her feelings had changed for me. Needless to say, this came as quite a shock to me since I love her very much and as such I have devoted most of my life to her. She was my inspiration for succeeding.

This is also very hard for me since I don't really have a good relationship with my own family and moved a bit away too. So I am feeling kinda lonely right now. I have been running through a lot of emotions (sadness, anger, understanding and then back to sadness...).

I am going to have to move again and build up some of my business again which is a scary thing for me.

Anyways...thanks for listening

Bill
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Beeeeeennnnnnnnn There Done That.

Bill,

This won't be much comfort now but you're lucky that she told you and wants to do things proper. I came home to an emptied house years ago.... but that's another story.

You'll bounce back ( you did before ) so keep focused on that for strength.

Hang in there,

Tim
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Yes, she is doing it very nicely. I am not being kicked out right away (I have 3 months). We are going to sell the house. She doesn't want to take care of a house all by herself.

It could be a lot worse.

Considering you know my past Tim, what you said really means a lot.

Thanks
Bill
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
God bless you, Bill. My wife of 29 years left me for another man five years ago, and it nearly broke me in two, so I know where you're at. As you know, the only real healer for wounds of the heart is the same as for wounds of the body - time. Give yourself time, know that the gray skies will go away and the sunshine will come back into your life. And, as hard as it seems to grasp right now, sometimes sudden change like this can be the best thing that ever happened to you. Just hang onto hope. Good luck!
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1254 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Bill,

Our thoughts are with you!

In the meanwhile, remember there WERE good things that came from the relationship- and there will be more good times in your future!

Be well, and be blessed in our thoughts!

Dean
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Hey Bill,
Things will get better, but it will take time. As I tell all my friends who go through break-ups, with a physical death, there are stages to grief. The death of a relationship is no different. You must allow yourself the chance to grieve the death of the relationship.
Regarding the house, check the laws in your area. In the area where my first divorce occurred, if either party moves out (before any court documents and such), they can be considered to have "abandoned" the party remaining in the house. So, if you move out, she could claim you abandoned her (which would give her leverage in court). Now, this is just in my area...it might not be the case where you are, but it wouldn't hurt to find out!

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
The house really doesn't belong to either of us. So I won't get anything anyhow. It belongs to her grandma who is still alive in a nursing home. So she wouldn't get the inheritance yet. Right now in essence, we rent it from the estate.

Please understand that this is not a nasty type of divorce. It is just a divorce. If it were nasty, I think it would be a lot easier in some ways. It is just a real big shock since she was hiding the fact and didn't tell me she was having any issues. Just a month ago, when I DJed her sister's wedding she said to me "Isn't is amazing how going to a wedding reminds you of how much you love someone?" So you can see how this is a little shocking. In March we went down to Florida for a second honeymoon. It was a great time. She told me last night that she was hoping that the trip would help things. She did apologize for not telling me about her issues. I just wish we could have worked things out. I mean that's what you're supposed to do in a marriage, right? She told me that it is too much work for the relationship and that she is tired. Once again, I just don't understand.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Bill,

I never could figure " the other side " out either. When I confronted my ex years ago and asked her if she wanted out she denied it. I told her we'd split everything down the middle and make it nice and easy. She burst into huge aligator tears at my offer and said " You don't love me!" . This got to me and I took that as a positve sign. Two weeks later she was gone and I found out that she had purchased a house a month before and also cleaned out the bank accounts. Those aligator tears were some act I tell you. I later found out she'd be doing my business partner for a year! Yikes!

I got a dog and was much happier!

Your wife is at least being up front and that's a good thing.

In case you need a smile... check out the latest addition to my dog formula for happiness. His name is Basil.

Best,

Tim

Click here to view attached image.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Thanks all. I am really blessed by the fact that she is being upfront and nice about it. Had a few uncontrollable outbursts of crying today. I must admit that she does have some valid reasons for wanting out of the relationship. We have talked some more. We are two different people and often brought out the worst in each other at times.

Still this is a really hard thing. I am just glad that she will actually help me along too.

Unfortunately Tim, I am alergic to dogs and cats and some other pets. I have my children to give me unconditional love though! I am actually going to Niagara Falls with my first two. I am taking them to Cirque Niagara. I am planning on staying over. Maybe I'll try and catch Greg's show.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Hi Bill,

Those crying bursts suck but it's par for the course. You have an advantage over the last time this happened as you know from experience that things WILL get better and you have some neato kids to focus your attention on.

How old are the first two?

Best,

Tim
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I am glad you are going to be away from someone with such issues.

Ouch!

I hope your future brings you more stability and happiness.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7346 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Bill,
Hang in there. I've been through it also. I can honestly say had it not been for magic I mgiht not be here. Besides my very good friends in magic that leant me a houlder and a kick in the ass when I needed it, the magic kept me going.

My ex wife ran off with a subcontractor in magic and tried to steal my business. It took Ten years, two counties, three judges and tons of money but I got through and got custody of my son.

I am so glad that it is all behind now. You will make it through and be better for it.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Tim, My first two with Deb are 8 and 9. My youngest with my wife is 2. I am really going to miss seeing him all the time. Although I will have joint custody and open access, I still won't see him in bed every night, just some nights. That is the really hard part.

I was more or less a house husband (unless I was performing at a gig). My wife worked 40 hours a week at a theatre. Often she would be upset that I only had to work (perform) a couple of hours a week to make the same as she was. She often told me it wasn't fair. I don't know if that separated us a bit too.
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1254 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
Timothy, that is ONE CUTE DOG!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
8 and 9 ???? Now I'm feeling old! LOL

We never did get together for that coffee that we've talked about for the last year and the invite still stands. If you want to yak magic just give me a shout. Too bad you missed Ryans show when Daniel and I went. You would have been most welcome. Daniel talked a lot about you. ( Glad to hear you made parole....LOL just kidding )

Leaping Lizards... thanks for the comment on Basil. He's a cutie alright. I'm a bachelor and don't have kids so he's it.

Best,

Tim
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Bill, I'm glad things are going to be amicable in the divorce. The only thing a nasty divorce does is make lawyers richer. Just keep your chin up and know that you will look back at this and see how this experience has made you a stronger person.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
Daniel is a great guy. He has a bright future in this business. He is learning a lot. Did he tell you about my youngest son Braeden, how he stole the show he was doing? Braeden ran out in front of the curtain and started dancing to the music, and Daniel played along and danced with him. That was a real magic moment that is right now bringing a smile to my face. Maybe sometime in July, we'll get together Tim.

Jonathan, thanks for the sentiment. We do both have issues. I don't feel right in bashing her in any way. I am trying to only tell the facts. She has never dealt with her demons, as it were. I suggested many times seeing someone that could help. She never did.

I had anger management issues (and still do) but I went and took courses and sought help before it escalated into something else. These issues of course are not solved in a couple of weeks, but can take a lifetime to iron out completely. My anger came from my childhood, but I have confronted my demons and am glad to say that I am in more control of them.

My wife also has demons from her childhood, which she has never dealt with. So betweeen our two "baggaged" past we brought together, it was a recipe for problems. I just hope that she will seek some help with her problems. It has made her into a very stressed individual.

Thanks to everyone with your kind thoughts.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1130 Posts

Profile of APC
Now I have not gone through this, as I am only 15, but I have been through a fair share of issues, for example a death in the family (my grandfather who I was close to), which in fact is very similar to divorce in the fact that you are seperating from someone you love. Of course you will not just stop loving someone in a day, or most likely you will love them deep down forever, however as time goes on you will dwell on it less and less. Just live life day by day, and just focus on about one thing at a time. Im sorry to hear about your divorce but I know you can get through it!
Adam
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
26941 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
We all have demons and baggage.

How to set our demons to useful tasks
and put our baggage where it provids stabiltiy instead of imbalance
is a challenge each of us faces.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Daveandrews
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
723 Posts

Profile of Daveandrews
Baskitboy5 - you should be commended for those comments. Stay like that the rest of your life and you will not go far wrong.

Mrbilld .... it is great to see the support you are getting here. Real friends are an asset that nothing can buy. In that way you are one lucky guy.

Best of,

Dave
http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">www.partymagic.org.uk" target="_blank">http://[URL]www.partymagic.org.uk

Winner of KIDabra International's 'People's Choice Award'
Winner IBM British Ring Dittia Shield for manipulation
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Deeply Depressed (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL