The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Visual aid"by Larry Becker (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

crossroader
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of crossroader
I think in Becker's "Standing Ovation"
DVD there is a serial dollar bill divination(called "Visual aid").Is it a stage effect
or it could be adapted for close up demostrations?
Thanks,
Christos
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5748 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Visual Aid is also explained in Larry Becker's Stunners Plus. You would have to make up the props for this but if you are converting it to a close-up routine, you would be doing that anyway.

Yes, it is not only convertible to close-up but well worth the framing of the revelation. There is magnificemt thinking in the presentation of this effect. That could only be a benefit to a close-up version of this...and for that reason
I would recommend this to anyone attempting any type of divination routine. It will give you a strong frame from which to present your miracle.

As with any divination effect the distance from the object increases the "fairness" of the event. In going close-up remember to support that premise.

Cheers,

Tom
Hunter
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of Hunter
IMOH this is too good to perform close-up. Save it for the stage or parlor where,in my experience, it plays very, very well.
Rock
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Rock
What does "too good for close-up" mean ?

As someone who preforms more close-up mentalism than stage or parlor I would like to know.

Thanks,

Darin
Menetekel
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of Menetekel
Visual Aid is great. Still I think it's great for stage or parlor and I can't imagine it done for close-up. Maybe it's just me, but I think it would loose impact.

Max
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » "Visual aid"by Larry Becker (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL