The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope Magnets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2203 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
This is going to be my first attempt at using some magnets in ropes. I purchased some off that auction site and they arrived today. The size looks right but they can each pick up 3 pounds. They got stuck together when I was looking at them and they were kind of hard to get apart. Are these going to be too strong for magic use? I would like to know before I get them installed.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It doesn't sound like you are off to a good start there. I hope things improve. But the real answer deals with how well they serve your purpose. Do be careful with magnets around your other things. A magnet in the wrong place can ruin your whole day.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

PS --- Most craft stores carry more magnets than magic auctions and you can see what you are getting up front.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
Once you put them in the ropes, they will be much easier to take apart. But as Bob says, be careful with the magnets.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1154 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
I have done OK using 3mm magnets inside 6mm cored rope. The magnets are recessed slightly into the rope and this stops them pulling too strongly. In fact, I have to handle the rope a bit carefully to stop the ends separating.
Jolyon Jenkins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Rope Magnets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL