The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daniel Garcia - Greed DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Tell me about it... its driving me crazy...i just want it to be "perfect"

Daniel Garcia
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
LOL aight well get on that. I hate going to that site all the time to see if Torn Too is up yet and that annoying intro music to that effect comes on. Well we are all agreeing that Greed is a Hit, keep them coming brother!!

Ill let you know if and when I hit Texas. I know I'm supposed to go to Amarillo and then I guess somewhere before I hit Mexico. I really don't want to be in that heat.

Also Whats the Word on the Wallet? A picture at least?

JosephKerr, I will land in JFK and hit the city at least twice, ill let you know see if we can meet up.

Aight well I don't know how much weight my word carries around here, but I love Greed and plan on doing this every chance I get. I mean really, talk about packs small and plays big! Doesn't get better then that!!! Again Great Work and keep the hits Coming.
Cuidate...
magicah123
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicah123
Are there any sleights involved in greed like the snap change which was mentioned or is it just a gimmicked bill like the $5 and $1 (million dollar mystery)folds from Ammars which is great ? I might pick it up !!!!!!! I saw the demo and it looks like its just a highly gimmicked bill
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2201 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Greed is a highly gimmicked bill. There is some light sleight of hand needed to change the $20 into a coin, but DG covers a few methods to accomplish it, depending on the needs and skills of the user.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
theoriginalman
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of theoriginalman
Greeds a keeper. I too have the Hundy 500 and I feel that it compliments Greed nicely . Daniel is a funny guy and his jokes make the construction process that much more bearable.
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi Guys:

Can Greed be performed on bills with different colours AND different sizes?
Thanks
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi Guys:

Can Greed be performed on bills with different colours AND different sizes?
Thanks
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2201 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Different colors - not a huge problem.

Different sizes - more of a problem. It's really best that the bills be as close to the same size as possible.

My suggestion would be to try to get American bills to make the gimmick, and just tailor your presentation/patter to make it make sense.

I'm really not familiar with any currency other than American, so I can't say for sure how easy or difficult it would be with foreign bills.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4146 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
I have watched Greed several times and I have liked it more each time I have watched it. Do most people feel that Greed would work well in conjunction with Hundy 500 or both effects are so strong and perhaps too similar to do together?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2201 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
I don't know that I'd do them together. Although they're similar, they're also widly different.

I can see where people would want to put them side by side in a routine, because Hundy is more of a flash, instant change, with Greed being fairly slow and visual.

For me, it's hard to wrap my head around a reason or motivation to do both. Ones to 100's, then back to ones, then the one goes in increments up to $20, and then down to 50 cents? Why?

I'm sure someone could make it work and make it make some degree of sense, but for me, separate effects for separate performances.

On a practical level, I'll be performing Greed much more often, because I can afford it. I've never managed to get around to constructing Hundy just because of the high cost, and I never wanted to do 1's to 20's or something like that, because I didn't feel like it would have the same impact.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Don't underestimate ones to twenties. That's the way I do hundy and the impact is huge. Remember, your spectators haven't seen Gregory Wilson doing Hundy 500. They don't know the bills can change to 100's. Five ones to five twenties (a hundred bucks) is still pretty freakin' amazing to spectators.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
OK lets agree to disagree. Im pretty sure we can all attest to doing and effect an later on someone new walks into the mix then you hear "Bro you missed what he just did, he took a dollar and changed to 5 and then,,,,Could you show him that trick?"
Then you are like ARGH!!! well then that's when I would do Hundy 500. Give them the impression that you are going to do it again and then decide to do something else. They are both really strong and both very great effects. Me in my opinion if that was the case I would always do Hundy first. Not because I like it better but because I want to slowly get there minds into the state that I use less money every time. This is how it plays out in my head. (Hundy five 1's turn into five 100's. It is not suggested to turn them back but you could. If not then great next time you tell them OK you might think that I am using to many bills. ill just use one. BOOM 1 to 5 to 10 to 20. Again now you are only using ONE BILL which to me is more impressive because it adds to the fact that if you can do that with one bill then it is more believable to make 5 bill into 100's. Finally because after you do Greed you end up eliminating any type of dirt. They cant inspect what they cant see, hence the 50 cent piece. So you have managed to do a lot of magic with money and then end up with a 50 cent piece. Why do Greed first turn it to 50 only to introduce more cash bills later. To me and my experience leaves you open for the big muscle loud mouth #$$ who never believes in magic to say something stupid like "HEY DAVID BLAINE, TURN THOSE INTO 50 CENT PIECES"

So I would do it the other way around.

Again that is if you guys are choosing to do both. If not hey Greed is an incredible effect that is absolutely as magical and visual as you can get.

To think that this jokester thought about this since he was 13 or 16 just adds to the frustration that I didn't. Just joking around Daniel. I want more stuff so get to work. OH loved the 'Are you Ready' bit.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2201 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Paisa, I absolutely agree with your logic of the new spectator coming to the group and using one or the other. Totally great way to show a similar effect, without doing an exact repeat.

I also think your logic of how to order the effects is good.

I just doint think doing them back to back as part of the same routine is for me. I could definitely see doing both in the course of the same night.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Paisa23, are you and yours going to NJ or MT? Are you still planning on openning up a magic shop? If so, where?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Evolve629
We are going to Jersey from July 20 until I don't know yet but about to weeks Then Texas for two more weeks then Montana. As far as the magic shop. That is just one of my many thoughts. If I did it wouldn't be for years to come ad I'm not sure where. Thanks for reminding me.

Mercury52
Yeah those are more along the lines that I was talking about. Never back to back. You wouldn't want one to drown out the other one. I like to have them all be remembered.
Jason Simonds
View Profile
Loyal user
Pensacola, FL
270 Posts

Profile of Jason Simonds
I have enjoyed the DVD. I haven't made the gimmick yet. I went to the bank and tried to get crisp bills yesterday. I guess since it was Saturday they didn't have very good bills. THat or the teller just wanted to get me out of there cause she said that was the best she could do. I did get a crisp $1 later at lunch tho.
lylaster
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta
197 Posts

Profile of lylaster
I have Hundy 500, Doug McKenzie's new switch, and Greed. Personally I think Hundy 500 and Doug McKenzie's complement each other while Greed is more of a stand alone effect. After the Hundy 500, people will ask if I can change one of their bills into a hundred. Doug's version does just that. Greed is great though, but I'll do it apart from Hundy 500.
MixEddie
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of MixEddie
I haven't bought Greed but I can tell by the handling in the demo that it's an elaborate variation of Roger Klause's Ultimate Slow Motion Bill Transformation but still the same basic illusion. Does he give any credit to Roger?
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
I don't think any credit to Roger is needed by Daniel for this effect. Considering that there are multiple transformations, a different climax, and an entirely different gimmick used...I just don't see the need for crediting him.

Just my 50 cents

:) Kaylan
MixEddie
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of MixEddie
Well it seems like you have the trick, which I don't, so you're a better judge than I. But anyone who does have the Klause trick can do this same exact effect with a little more work than originally went into the Klause effect.

The multiple transormations aren't a consideration. If I pull out my Raven and use it to make four things dissapear instead of one and call it the Maven, am I in the clear?

Or...how about I end my Fortune Telling trick by turning the cards over and displaying the spectators thought of word, ROSE but then I turn all the cards into one and hand it out? Does Paul Harris not get credit? A different climax is meaningless if the meat of the trick is the same.

An entirely different gimmick? That would be where my judgement is in question since I don't have the gimmick to judge. So if no one else is fretting about this then neither will I.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Daniel Garcia - Greed DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL