The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » PBS History Detectives seek Houdini (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
A PBS show I enjoy tracks the historical connection to family-owned historical artifacts. Yesterday, they aired an episode where a Chicago man was replacing roof insulation in his home and realized that the old material contained scores of old posters for a Harry Houdini magic show...some in near mint condition.

The new owner wanted to determine the posters' authenticity as well as learn what kind of show Houdini was performing in Chicago. The History Detectives traveled to New York City and Las Vegas to peer behind the magician’s veil, and examine this final chapter in Houdini’s career.

The episode included an excellent interview with Lance Burton and displayed a number of Houdini artifacts and stories. A great episode if you can catch it! Check your local PBS website for times and dates.
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I saw that. Good show! I like the show alot, but I have to admit I'd watch it even if it was terrible just to see Elyse Luray. She's a gem! Smile
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Yeah, imagine...a hot chick on PBS. Who'da figgered!
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-06-20 13:02, Skip Way wrote:
Yeah, imagine...a hot chick on PBS. Who'da figgered!

http://pbskids.org/backyardjungle/files.......ry_f.jpg
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
You got Big Birds baby picture!
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » PBS History Detectives seek Houdini (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL