The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Question about Plus Wallet (Large) by Jerry O'Connell (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
After many hours of searching this forum about buying a wallet, I must say that I have almost all the info I need to make the right choice.

I will probably buy the Plus Wallet by Jerry O'Connell.

This is what I want to do with it.

1)Confabulation

2)Signed card in sealed envelope in Wallet

First question, on the add, it says that this wallet use the No Palm Feature. It also says that you can do the signed card in the enveloppe in the wallet. However, someone posted in this forum that you cant do the effect using the No palm feature. I am a bit lost here.

Is it that you got the two choice (Palm version and no plam version?

The way that I see it is that you can do the palm version (Signed card in sealed envelope in wallet) or the no palm version (signed card in wallet only...not sealed) Am I wrong?

Any help on this would be great.

thanks
Cliff G
View Profile
Loyal user
Madrid - Spain
297 Posts

Profile of Cliff G
Hi Devilix

The no palm feature will do the business to get the signed card into the wallet.

To get the card in to an envelope / the ID case you have to use another feature of the wallet that requires a palm.

I received mine last week and I'm very happy with it.

Hope that helps

Cliff
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Hi

Just so it is a bit clearer, the Plus Wallet has all the features you listed, you don't have to decide, it does it all. If you palm the card, it can go into the ID case , Zippered Compartment, or Sealed Envelope. Where it loads from put it in those places depending on what you have loaded (either ID case, Envelope or nothing). Using the No palm Feature puts it in the Zippered Compartment.

Hope that helps a bit more, and thanks Cliff by jumping in with an explaination too. July Issue of MUM and MAGIC have a full page ad on Plus Wallet.
Devilix
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of Devilix
Thanks a lot MR Dickson about this post. Cliff already clear it up via pm.

Now, I must decide if I go with this wallet or the Confabulation deluxe kit. I am really not sure....
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
This also includes the Wonder Unit which makes Confabulation a dream, that is also covered on DVD, it eliminates the use of carbon paper and could not be an easier method. All those features might it light years beyond anything on the market, but my favorite feature is the No Palm feature. I have come to use it for so much more than card to wallet. The peek use is worth its weight in gold to me, then using it to secretly add a stock of cards to a deck that has been shuffled and in play for earlier effects is a killer option. I use it to do MacDonald’s Aces seemingly impromptu. The DVD even mentions a use I have for loading a clients business card into the zip under the guise of simply obtaining his card, and that is done right under their nose. In a business setting, where you want to subtly get new business without being obnoxious about letting everyone know you are a magician, this has served me very well. The versatility of this wallet is unparalleled. I am very excited about the new release.
James Munton
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, TX
1199 Posts

Profile of James Munton
This IS a great wallet - but one BIG disappointment...My old O'Connell wallet allows me to load a palmed card two ways, so I can save the card to envelope for the right moment. The new one has that second entrance sewn up. I'm not sure why.

I guess I could use the no-palm feature, but that doesn't fit my routuine.

Still one of the best wallets out there however.

Best,
James
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
You are one of the few that have commented on that. Jerry said it was a decision to simplify construction, and not many people would load a card inside and outside the envelope at the same time (Jerry's opinion), with that bottom load being not as easy to hit(my opinion), and as you said, most would opt for the No Palm if they wanted to load a second card at the same time, which I prefer, but that is just me. I have three of the Original Plus ones left, one Black, one Wine and one Brown. I just prefer the new ones, I love the look and leather, but then again when you are used to a signaure routine, such as yours, I understand your comments. As with anything we do , it depends on personal style and routining.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Is the no-palm feature in the (large) Plus Wallet the same in design and function as that of the Mullica wallet?

Thank you very much.

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Michael

The Mullica loads a card into a wallet inside a wallet. The O'Connell No Palm loads a card inside a zippered compartment in one wallet, and in my opinion is much easier to do, due to the design. If you or anyone else will be at SAM Convention, TAOM, or IBM British Ring Convention, we will have them all there. It is always a plus to see live and get hands on. They are now appearing in some magic shops around the world also, since the release two weeks ago. There are good pictures of the inside and outside on both jerryoconnelllondon.com, and wizardcraft.com which may make it a bit clearer to you.

Craig

Craig
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Craig,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. Your comments were very helpful. I have ordered the Large Plus Wallet based upon your comments. I am sure that I will like it.

Thank you again for your courtesy.

Best regards,

Michael
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
No problem, please feel free to contact me later when you get it, if you have questions on anything. Hopefully the shop your ordered from ships quickly. I know of at least 10 carrying it here already.

FYI a No. 4 1/2 or No. 5 Coin Envelope fits fine. Staples has the No. 5 ones, but they are Brown. I prefer the No. 4 1/2 in white if you are going to use the sealed envelope feature. I have even run them through my laser printer to add some text onto them. Rubber cement works fine, but I kept reading about Copydex in all of Jerry's original instructions. I finally saw what it was last year while visiting, it is a white latex rubber cement, far better that what we have in the states. On my last trip to London I brought back 10 tubes of it, it works better than our cement, but would imagine if you thinned our rubber cement with the solvent available in art stores that also carry the cement it would work a bit better. You are using it as contact cement in this case, so thinned is better. I Googled Copydex and found a UK supplier, but have never found it here, just in the UK.

To be complete, the No. 4 Coin Envelopes work well with the Small Plus Wallet. These are also obtainable in white, but have not found the white ones in the major ofice supply stores, they just carry brown ones.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
Craig,

I currently use the Ken Brooke's Confabulation Deluxe wallet from Paul Stone. To the edxtent that you are able to disclose, can I do the same confabulation routine with the large Plus wallet as I currently can do with the Ken Brooke's Confabulation deluxe wallet, and does it use a similar technique?

Thank you again for your information and your courtesy.

Best regards,

Michael
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Here is my philosophy, if you already own it, and are happy with it, stick with it. Paul Stone who know owns the Ken Brooks line makes a beautiful product. I am a fan. We constantly kid each other about who is better. It's just a wrong choice of words when you speak about that type of high quality of the Ken Brooks line that Paul produces, and Jerry O'Connell's wallets. They are different, not better or worse. Like I said, if you own it, and that is what your primarily want, then there is no reason to change.

But, the answer to your question is yes, you can do the same routines.
magicxman
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of magicxman
I wish to order one, which one is a better choice, Large one or samll version ? Thanks
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Small has advantage of being able to be used in rear pocket also. It is actually only an inch shorter. jerry prefers large one, I prefer shorter one. I did the DVD. LOL
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Craig, I recieved my Large Plus wallet two weeks ago and absolutely love it. I have collected many wallets over the years from many pros and others. These are simply the best. I, also, bought a number of other items in the including the large Himber wallet. It is flat out the best Himber wallet type wallet I have ever bought. The subtlety on the strapping defeats all suspicion. Best of all it lays very flat and very thin.

JOL is a great line of leather goods with great attention to detail how do I know. I was so impressed and bought one of everything, something I never do. Not one piece to date has disappointed me.

Thanks.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Thanks Bill, the changes were in the works for quite some time. I have always been an O'Connell fan long before I sold it. The new line and look is my favorite to date, especially for the US market. Jerry an I are the odd couple, we met at FFFF nearly 9 years ago, and for some reason, which was just meant to be, we have become lifelong friends. I treasure that. He has influenced me as much as I have influenced him. The first run of the JOL line is just about gone, and we are onto to the second. I truly appreciate all you comments. I received a few calls from the UK thanking me (I was overwhelmed by this) for the influence I had on the new line, the instructions and details. Heck I just did instructions, yelled about some minor changes, and insisted on some DVDs to enhance instructions, the rest was all Jerry. But it was still quite unexpected to get the calls, and most appreciated. I prefer the background.

Thanks for the comments, I think the first Ads just came out a few days ago.
mwolfire
View Profile
New user
Mark Wolfire
91 Posts

Profile of mwolfire
Craig should also be complimented on his SUPERB service. I really mean it. My wallet arrived in just a few days, with a few unexpected freebies too. Thanks much.
Mark
Craig Dickson
View Profile
Veteran user
Pleasant Valley, NY
353 Posts

Profile of Craig Dickson
Glad it got there fast, we try. By the way there is a new handling for the Wonder Unit and Confabulation by Archie McIntyre at the Magicians Corner on Jerry's site. Check it out, it makes the double writing option very workable, and is a good solid variation, great routine and thinking. I have already come up with a slight variation based on that handling which suits me more. I like the idea of using the Wonder Unit as a business card holder, make more sense to me given the size and shape. Archie used one of the business cards to write the predictions, so all makes perfect sense, and then the perfect handout at conclusion of routine. Great solution.
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Craig, I agree the Wonder Unit does work well as a business card holder. Took about .5 milliseconds to realize that on taking it out. In fact that is what I thought it was designed for.

Good to see you here. Its been a long time since that old AOL Tuesday night chatroom.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Question about Plus Wallet (Large) by Jerry O'Connell (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL