The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Trilogy Streamline Caswell/Bellars (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Please explain the point of your post.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Richard Bellars
View Profile
New user
Tunbridge Wells
24 Posts

Profile of Richard Bellars
I don't think he meant he was fooled by the method, I just think he didn't notice the extra limitation because of the scripting. I have fooled many seasoned pros with this, the method even went past the guys at the shop. I know it reads like it has extra work but if you give this a go at your paid performances you'll see it is a mind blower. All I ask is that you try it and not judge it on theory alone.

Richard Bellars
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2006-07-17 10:32, Robert M wrote:
There is a fatal flaw in the streamlined version of Trilogy regarding the number selection procedure. It's illogical and suspicious, IMO.
Robert

Thank you Robert! I thought I was alone. There is even a glaring error in the instructions on the numbering of the cards in Streamlined (has been mooted here elsewhere) but not insurmountable if you know what you are doing.

Streamlined and Duality (I couldn't resist it - I have both) are pieces of great genius thinking. But, WHY mess with the original? Okay the instructions aren't the best in the world, but if you use your own imagination to come up with a story, it is, in my opinion, one of the greatest inventions.

Oh, and my Trilogy IS ON THE TABLE from the start - oh yes indeedy!!
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys the error in the instructions has been corrected.

Regards

Peter
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2006-08-08 04:13, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Guys the error in the instructions has been corrected.

Regards

Peter

Thanks Pete! How many PM'd you?
rmoraleta
View Profile
Special user
Philippines
767 Posts

Profile of rmoraleta
Hi Peter,

Can you PM me the correction. Thanks!

Doc Ronnie

I just performed Trilogy Streamlined a couple of hours ago in front of amateur magicians and immediately 3 of them were able to figure out the first 2 matches because of the low and odd scheme. They say it is similar to an effect in John Bannon's Smoke and Mirrors Video. It is only the 3rd that puzzles them.

Another thing is, I would not be able to repeat Trilogy Streamlined from table to table because of the first two phases.

My question is, with the original Trilogy, will you be able to have a different outcome all the time or is it the same as Trilogy Streamlined?
FlippingWonderful
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of FlippingWonderful
Why can you not instantly reset it by placing the cards selected from the first two phases on top of the deck and the last card at the bottom as you move on? Only takes a second.

I've personally dumped Trilogy in favour of TS, one less deck to carry, near instant reset (see above), and an excellent routine - lay-people will be fooled even if a few magicians aren't and that's the important thing if you're trying to make a living out of this.
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
Did any now if this sells as a e-book?
trixy
View Profile
Veteran user
sweden
320 Posts

Profile of trixy
Did it sels as a ebook IF were??
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Trixy-

TS sells as an ebook IF you have the original Trilogy to work with, otherwise you'll need to buy the full setup, either Trilogy or Trilogy Streamlined.
parrisbrad
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of parrisbrad
I guess for some, the idea of the streamlined version makes this already superb effect "cleaner". (And the investment will be beneficial) The idea of the deck in play from the beginning has merit, but I don't see it as an improvement on the original version. I love the idea of using the patter line, "This deck we have been imagining actually exist." (Followed by pulling it out of your pocket) I think this presentation is fantastic, and many need to understand that the 99% of magicians are not trying to fool other magicians, but the average lay person. Having the deck out from the beginning may be clean, but it takes away some of the mystery. (In my opinion!) I think effects that use multiple decks, one or more which are never revealed, is one of the strongest points in magic. I have never had a spectator question the deck coming out of the pocket, and I don't think having it on the table would make reactions any stronger. (I feel more comfortable taking the deck out of my pocket after the information has been garnered than giving an audience member the choice of what number is on the card, but oh wait...the clue I am going to give you is that it is a low even/odd number.)
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Points taken.
Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
Does this come in bikes?
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------John Dream------------If you can Dream it, you can Do it!
1317 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
The streamlined effect is really great and I love to present it this way, having the deck on the table before you start is a great extra convincer of your talends....
Presentation is everything!

If you can Dream it, you can Do it!

The eXtreme SVENPAD Supreme eBook
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
For Zak : yes it comes now in bicyle, it's called Trilogy Bicyle, BUT it needs two decks, as the streamlined version only needs one (but this isn't a bicyle regular deck)...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Trilogy Streamline Caswell/Bellars (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL