The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Nathan Burton on America has Talent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
music
View Profile
Special user
557 Posts

Profile of music
I seen Nathan on the show tonight, he did the Kevin James bowling ball production and then he put himself into a large microwave and came out a black guy, he then went back into the microwave and came back out white! He made it to the next round, Cool! Chuck
Vinnie Laraway
View Profile
Inner circle
1273 Posts

Profile of Vinnie Laraway
Yeah, his act was very good, and quite ammusing!

-Vinnie
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
You know .. I watched this last night .. and it just had an strange vibe to it. I remember years ago when Nathan did this very same bit at Abbott's with Jaymal Keys. I don't know if my taste has changed over the years .. or it just wasn't appropriate for national TV. No one could do the bit better than Jaymal .. and it went over well at the convention .. but that was a different time and place. It just left me with an awkward feel .. I think it might be time to drop that one and work on something new.

Steve

P.S. Ya .. I know I'm not workin' Vegas .. but no one goes home offended after my show .. I'm sure the station will be getting letters on that one.
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
157 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
Did anyone see the spike thru tongue at the start of the show?
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I saw it. It sort of reminded me of Simon Lovell's story about the biker and his girl at the comedy club.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
Yeah Erick I saw you! I called my mom. So Erick what happened? Did you make the show?
-Tyler
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Quote:
P.S. Ya .. I know I'm not workin' Vegas .. but no one goes home offended after my show .. I'm sure the station will be getting letters on that one.

you mean like when we did the big show last fall and the producers got calls from that kid's mom because her 18 year old football star son got scared of the magician and was complaining about the freak that did the sacreligous crusifix interlude illusion....

....and then when they do that zombie ball trick.....ooohhhhh I couuullld juuuust diiiiie...........
DANSPERRY.COM
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
157 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
Americas got talent still have not picked any acts from the Atlanta audition. But look for more clips of me on upcomming shows they filmed me a lot in Atlanta. I have a feeling Sperris will pop up on a clip also. Erick
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Dan is refering to his Interlude illusion, and yes a lady did call to complain about our little Danny freakin' out her son. Some people don't have much of a sense of humor when it comes to thier race or nationality.

I would never do an illusion like that .. it's just in poor taste.

Steve
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
What was in bad taste was letting that little girl comedian go through!

I can see where the microwave trick would be in poor taste. Done in a full show would be a little different where one could get to know the performer, but a quick little spot on tv, doesn't really show your best does it?
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Mrbildeentertainer....

I agree with your view point..................
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Nathan has a Vegas gig, why has he been on two shows now?

I mean, I think it's great he's getting all these gigs, but if you've got a gig in Vegas, why do you need yet another 'reality' TV show? (yes, I know, reality TV isn't real...)
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Why do you need to be on this show? To try to win a million dollars. I'm sure even Copperfield wouldn't pass up an opportunity for a[nother] one million dollar paycheck.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Bill Blagg III
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Bill Blagg III
In that case I wonder if he missed the auditions...
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
Do you honestly think a magician is going to win on this show .. come on. From what I've seen so far, it seems to look a bit on the fake side of things. Remember the Gong Show .. this is the same thing ... just repackaged.

Jugglers getting a second chance .. this is scripted just like Wrestling.

Oops .. did I spill the beans on that one too??

Steve
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Hey I’m involved with pro wrestling too, and I didn’t care for that (just bugging you) but I have to completely agree about the jugglers. It appears that the whole competition is about singing so as it goes on you will see less and less of the other talent which is very disappointing.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
It is not my style of performance, but I enjoyed it. The only reason I am suffering through this horrible show is to see if magicians try to make it.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
They are not going to be able to milk this one like they do American Idol. This one will get old real fast. They had best give that million away fast before the show dies in the ratings.

Prediction... There won't be a season two to this stinker.

Best,

Tim
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Tim, careful who you mention your prediction to. I said that about "MindFreak" last year...and look what happened there.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Everybody agrees this show sucks. I still think its headed down the tubes.

Best,

Tim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Nathan Burton on America has Talent (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL