The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Nathan Burton on America has Talent (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I agree it will a singer who will win. All talent competitions are like that.

One that I was in, I was even told by the judges afterwards that I would have won first place, except they didn't know how a magician would open for a band. I got second place and a singer got first. I should've complained back then about the unfair practice, but I was young and kinda understood what they were thinking. Their first place prize was set to have a certain style of act win.

The interesting thing about this show, is how are some of these acts expect to win when they only have a specialty act that can only last 15 minutes max. I may be wrong, but from what I understood, is that the winner also gets a big show to put on too. So right there a lot of the acts are already doomed. It should be the top 10 acts split the million and put on a vegas show. It'll work a lot better (i think).

I agree this show sucks (not all the talent, there were some very good acts on the show). The problem lies in the inconsistency of the judges. They let a crappy juggler through (he didn't have an act) and they were complaining about another juggler who had more skill than the first guy...

The show is also very slow moving. What's up with the Price is Right calling them down? Just show the acts and the critiques and some of the interviews.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
My Major dislike: Comericials-comercials-comercials, There were more commericals than one can stomach!

Did you see Dan Sylvester in line?

One judge is trying to be like Simon. (Hates magicians)
One trying to be pleasant like Paula. (Loves the Singer- the winner of the 1 million)
And the third thinking he is hip in his 20s. (Hates Jugglers)

Truly a modern version of the Gong show. (Unknown Comic is coming)
Dennis Michael
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
It's always fun to see working professionals waiting in line .. now that's entertainment!

Steve
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Peeee-UKE.

My hat is off to all those performers who retained their dignity and didn't show up for this trash but instead out of self respect worked the subway stations and streetcorners. Being judged by the likes of that reeking assembly is disgusting.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
floridamagic
View Profile
Regular user
lakeland Fl
157 Posts

Profile of floridamagic
Don't forget when we went to the auditions we had no idea how the show would turn out. Im happy I went, I got my 30 seconds on T.V., and you always learn something when you go to a audition. Erick
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Nathan is actually really smart for doing the show. He has opened his own afternoon show at the V theater, then he does two shows in the show V at the same theater at night, then he runs down the street to the Sahara to do a spot in Buckwild. He is truly the hardest working magician in Vegas. I got a chance to see him this week and his microwave goes over huge. If that pushes peoples buttons then too bad for them. The only person you should ask if it offends them is the guy Nathan works with. It's called a joke.... build a bride and get over it. It works for him and it is an awesome way to get free advertizing for his other shows. We were at the bar just outside the V show and people recognized him from the show and were buying tickets...and that is the bottom line.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
They actually called me direct on my business phone to get me to audition my Vent act... I'm so glad I didn't bother ...... so sad. .....15 min is too special for that .....
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
When the heck is this show on? I go their "official" website & I can't get a tv listing.

http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/Americas_Got_Talent/

thanx
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3999 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
It comes on Wednesday nights at 9:00 Eastern time.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24249 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Let me 'splain something about "talent" shows. The winner is going to be someone who can make albums. This means it will either be a singer or a comic. A singer will probably sell more albums. Why do I say this? Figure out who owns the production company and/or the broadcasting company.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Mr. Palmer, you are so right, but I think this will work in Nathans favor as far as some good publicity for his new show. If any of you are in Veags you should definately check it out, the show was a lot of fun and had a great ending.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
11989 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Nathan back on TV again tonight. NBC and he did a nice vanish/escape. He may make the semifinals. They had two magicians. I agree, singers will win as is the norm but I like the variety element these shows bring.
Ryan Price
View Profile
Special user
winnipeg, MB, Canada
641 Posts

Profile of Ryan Price
Unfortunately someone like rapping granny won. Mr Burton is currently getting my votes on the website.
dbmagic123
View Profile
Regular user
Evansville Indiana
198 Posts

Profile of dbmagic123
Wrestling is fake,, no way!!!!!!!! LOL,, Nathan is a hard worker and is very creative guy I do nto blame him for trying,,and I am sure we havent seen the last of him on national TV,,I got to run.. wrestling on.......not!
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4283 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Voted down tonight I'm afraid... the little singer girl moved on.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
That's too bad. I was hoping he would go through. He could still win the wildcard round.

I thought he was going pass. He clearly impressed the judges on several occasions. His magic is good. I just getting tired of little kids that sing like grown ups. I've seen so many kids that can sing well, that I'm not that impressed when I see it anymore.

I think magic has been pretty well represented on the show.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2262 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On 2006-07-28 11:28, Vandy Grift wrote:
That's too bad. I was hoping he would go through. He could still win the wildcard round.

I thought he was going pass. He clearly impressed the judges on several occasions. His magic is good. I just getting tired of little kids that sing like grown ups. I've seen so many kids that can sing well, that I'm not that impressed when I see it anymore.

I think magic has been pretty well represented on the show.

Ditto!! I think we have had plenty of singers on reality tv....why call this a talent show? Why not American Idol jr.
Pay it forward
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
Any relation to Lance Burton?
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I sure voted for him many times tonight.
Dennis Michael
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2730 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I'm voting for Nathan and thought he did a super job. But I do think a little more touching story with the snow would had been a better choice. He had an opportunity to really move the judges tonight. The snow was a little to rushed as presented I thought. A time factor I guess.

Still after the judges comments about how down to earth he was and how much they enjoyed his change each time, I was a little surprised they didn’t pick him.

Maybe enough votes will come in.

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Nathan Burton on America has Talent (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL